1994 honda civic EX engine swap?

1FastEX1994

^ROFLcopter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey all, i bought a 1994 EX about a week ago, and the guy before me swapped the mototr with a JDM D16A, with an SOHC VTEC head, and i was thinking of doing a B-series swap. any ideas on which motor would be right for me? i prefer a motor with alot of High end power, i dont really care about low end. what do you guys think?

Midnight_EG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
B18C for power, B16A II for quick thrills ;)

1FastEX1994

^ROFLcopter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
where could i find a B18C1 in good shape?
and how much(give me an estimate) would i have to pay, incluing installation?

1FastEX1994

^ROFLcopter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im not all that good with honda engine parts, but could i use the intake, headers, and cat back exhaust from my D16A on the B18C?

Midnight_EG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No nothing, parts are interchangeable within their starting letter, like b engines with b and k with k etc

1FastEX1994

^ROFLcopter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, i traded the guy my old tahoe, and he SAYS that its a JDM D16A, but he bolted a SOHC VTEC head to it, if i get pix up, can you tell me whats really going on midnight? and the motor Supposedly has 50,000 miles on it , and the Transmission 75,000. i also wanted to know what kind of tranny he bolted up.

Midnight_EG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why would he bolt up an older gen civic/integra engine to a gen 5, hmmm ask him if what specific engine it is, D16A(number being here)

Midnight_EG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I cant see the plate unfortunately :L are you near the car? If you are go out and check it :D Clean engine btw ;)

1FastEX1994

^ROFLcopter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

it needs a wire tuck BADDD , the alarm wire to my starter is hangen out, not to mention when he swapped it, he didnt put any of the sensors in their harnesses, but ill go take a good pic of the plate, hold on

Midnight_EG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks, it baffles me as to why he'd put in an older engine, if it is that, and I dont think it's JDM tbh.

Midnight_EG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow they're blurry lol, whats the digits underneath the D16A that i can barely see?