1995 Honda Civic Power Loss

mbuglioli

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:( I have a 1995 Honda Civic that the head gasket went out on. My mechanic fixed that and added a new timing belt along with gettimg the head re-worked and 2 weeks later the Distributer went out (or so he said) but he also said I needed a new computer which he replaced both. Then the car started acting like it had no power and the new timing belt broke. He then said he'd replace the timing belt for free but now the automatic transmission was bad. He replaced that but then the car started having an intermittent power loss like it wasn't getting enough gas or too much and I had to push the gas peddle back and forth like mad to get it to regain power and go. It does this off and on and usually after I do errands and stop and and then start up and go again. My mechanic has no clue but I have a clue that he's screwed something up and doesn't know what he did. Any help is most appreciated.

Signed,

Ripped Off In GA

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You need to find a new mechanic to work on your car.

What was the reason your computer had to get replaced? Is it even the same ecu being used?

The timing could also be off.

Did any valves get damaged when the belt snapped?

Last edited:

mbuglioli

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree about the mechanic but my wife thanks this shop is aces. Can't convince her they suck. I don't know the reason on the computer other than they said it was bad. I can ask them if they replaced it with the correct one. I've been saying all along that the timing is off because the thing lacks power overall. Could a different or incorrect computer could cause strange things like an intermittent loss of power ?

mbuglioli

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
PS -- I don't think the valves got wacked. I don't hear anything strange in the engine but who knows. I'm assuming it would be rattling or I'd hear a tapping sound ?