1996 Civic: swap in Hyundai Genesis motor?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As others have said, I don't think it would be worth the added time and cost to make all the components fit and function when you could simply swap in any number of other Honda motors that will accomplish the same goal, or better, with far less effort and fabrication. If you still choose to do so just to say its been done, then go for it. It'd be interesting to see how much it would take to get it done and hear how the hybrid performs. It will likely take a lot of time and effort being that it hasnt been done before so there's no source of direction.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
As others have said, I don't think it would be worth the added time and cost to make all the components fit and function when you could simply swap in any number of other Honda motors that will accomplish the same goal, or better, with far less effort and fabrication. If you still choose to do so just to say its been done, then go for it. It'd be interesting to see how much it would take to get it done and hear how the hybrid performs. It will likely take a lot of time and effort being that it hasnt been done before so there's no source of direction.
There's a reason for that.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Coming from someone that swapped an engine from a different vehicle into another-- it is not for the faint of heart and it will cost you a ton to do it right.

Dont get me wrong, it would be cool in my opinion, but doubt u want to put in the work.

Stephen staly

Yeah I understand I'll just build both cars.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Coming from someone that swapped an engine from a different vehicle into another-- it is not for the faint of heart and it will cost you a ton to do it right.

Dont get me wrong, it would be cool in my opinion, but doubt u want to put in the work.
I've seen a Fiero with an H22 in it, as well as a Justy with a Wrx swap in it.
Both cars are complete custom jobs when it came to mounts and wiring. The Justy was an even more intensive swap.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've seen a Fiero with an H22 in it, as well as a Justy with a Wrx swap in it.
Both cars are complete custom jobs when it came to mounts and wiring. The Justy was an even more intensive swap.
Guessing you havent seen my truck...

Stephen staly

I have not.
So today I have an issue I have noticed at a full stop my car runs really rough after its fully warmed up and only at 500 rpms car has 120,000 miles and a full tune up except for the coil inside the distributor and pcv valve., also in 5th gear at 55 mph and up my shifter makes a rattling noise and shakes a little. Any help please?

D_Dziekonski

Ok im not an expert but i dont think that that swap would be even remotely easy and or even as close to as cost effective as just doing a b series swap. I personally think that if youre on a real tight budget you have two options.
Option-1
Try to find an integra that is being sold as a parts car, buy it for 400 bucks and and now youve got a whole car to play around with to swap as long as it runs and drives well, so a rotten integra basically.
Option-2
Ebay turbo your d16 for $1000 wait for it to blow while in the process of saving up money to buy a full ITR swap a year or two down the road
Option-3
I know i said only two options but this one wont happen as quickly as the others but still counts. Keep your car the way it is power wise and just save up to ITR swap it down the road

All i would like to let you know tho is to never let anyone tell you what to do, as long as youre enjoying it then who cares if youre driving a slow civic, or an elantra, or some kind of Frankenstein elantivic all i know is do what makes you happy

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
@D_Dziekonski please pay attention to the date in which the last post was made. This one isn't too bad, but you recently also replied to a thread last updated in 2012.

Thanks!

CoupedUp99

Bro,

Yes it is possible, but not reasonable. Anything can be done with the right amount of $$$$$$$. Look up the Civette. An EK Hatch with a corvette engine in it. But Honda's IMO have some of the greatest engines out their. Instead of wasting all that money on that swap. Do a B18B1 and boosted that F#*cker and you will be plenty happy. At the end of the day though that would be pretty bad a$$ if you did so, but you would also have to pioneer that project.

Very Respectfully

The man with the ugliest Civic in the world (BUT NOT FOR LONG)