1996 Honda Civic....I Need Help!!!!!!

silvex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi,

I'm new here! Two weeks ago I bought a 1996 Honda Civic EX Coupe with a 106K on the odometer and it also came with a short ram-air intake and a header system. Every thing was all fine and dandy until about last week my check engine light came on and I noticed that my car felt that half the power was taken away from it. I didn't feel like gettting stuck somewhere so I took it to my local Auto Zone shop to try to find out what was wrong with it. They checked it out and discovered that two of my cylinders are misfiring ,cylinder #2 and #4 to be exact. They also discovered that my car has a boost calibration fault. The guy there did not know what to do and he couldn't give me an estimate of how much it would cost to be fixed. So does anyone know what I should do to fix the problems and how much do you guys think it should cost to fix my car. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Danny

P.S.
Do any of you think that the above mentioned problems are causing my car to lose half of its driving power or do you think it is something more serious.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok, 4 cylinders, and 2 are misfiring. 4-2=2....that is half equzling half power, so yes. get a new engine....
welcome
we need pics, and a mod list...if there is anything else.

EatingYourBrainsY0

Team Sin Motorsports
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mymmeryloss said:
ok, 4 cylinders, and 2 are misfiring. 4-2=2....that is half equzling half power, so yes. get a new engine....
welcome

LOL, blunt.....yet true. sux u baught a shitty car. :lol:

Akuma

VSM Beeyotch!!!11
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mymmeryloss said:
welcome
welcome to the site, sucks about the engine

and uhhhhh..... equzling thats a specific technical term as well.. ask the guys at autozone =)
j/k

D16sokdo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dam man that sucks... I hope you got a carfax on that car before you bought it. But yeah you might as well take it to honda and just fix it.

ReggieSD

PoPoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcome to the site....sucks about your engine. a d16y8 engine for your civic would cost you around $800 if you decide to replace it..but you can probably find it a lil bit cheaper if you look around...probably around $600-$700.

imracin101

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea swap that bish but just look on ebay for some cheap motors

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
imracin101 said:
yea swap that bish but just look on ebay for some cheap motors
Yup, now you have an excuse to put in something bigger!

:welcome: to the community.

silvex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks people for your replies! Do you people think it would cost as much to get a new engine then to fix the one I already have?The reason I'm asking is because I don't have $800 to spend right now on a new engine,I wish I did,but I don't!Any more info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Danny

03_S2K

Your average S2000
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
danny do you have any local junkyards?

search thru them for an oem replacement, or that special h22a

or find somewhere close that can rebuild an engine for cheap

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first..what is the codes that the CEL is throwing? your car may be on limp mode.

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sucks that the car is f**ked but doesnt your state have like a lemon law?