1997 Civic Ej8 slow build

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
I wouldve loved to mod my suspension and engine first but i didnt have the money.but at least i got the mechnical probs done and it looks better

freshasfck

vtakkk
Registered VIP
Haha thats crazy,but those to mods alone makes a huge difference on the look of the car.
Did you ever upgrade the headers exhaust and intake?
Yea definitely. Kept the aem intake and exhaust cause I love the sound but got rid of the headers. Hows the car scene like in Gilroy? You go to any meets or anything?

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
Its ok ive been to a few meets theres a lot of nice cars but only a few fast cars. Theres a few quick sti's one k20 civic coupe and my friend and his cousin gt really nice s13,s14. theres a few others,but I didnt go to alot of meets cuz my car wasnt really up to par being auto and all lol

emerican

Registered VIP
i had to do mine one at a time man now its the way it is now not anything super special or anything. the links in my signature if you havent seen it.
are you going to mod the engine any since its an auto?
im not trying to discourage you im just asking

emerican

Registered VIP
on the first page of the thread you said the car was a manual?
is it auto or manual?

emerican

Registered VIP
o ok i gotcha
sorry man got confused
but anyway what are you plans for the motor of this one?

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
im not sure yet i always wanted turbo but i would like a b18 too,or maybe both ha

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
true i might just swap in a gsr and not boost cuz its still my dd and my wife will get allllll butt hurt if i did that haha unless i get her another civic she can drive then i could do whatever i want to this one

emerican

Registered VIP
if she can drive it now and drive it if it had a gsr in it then she could drive it on boost.

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
she can barely drive it now shes still learning stick and ya she could drive it on boost but she would say its going overboard and spending too much money and all the other b.s. but i think ill end up getting a gsr i can get a gsr here pretty easy then boost it down the road

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
havent been able to update but i got the fogs on then my running lights didnt work any more couldnt figure it out till the other day the was some random wires spliced into the wire harness causing a short,so i fixed that and now the fogs dont work anymore but ima contact the seller and see if i can get new ones.

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
sorry guys havent been doing anything to the car until lately. im installing a short shifter and my blox knob tomorrow,besides that the only other thing ive done is bought some new bulbs for my headlights. i was gonna go with hids but i found some 8,000k halogens and said f**k it ill try em,and honestly they are pretty good. they look more like 6,000k hids,they are bright white with a hint of baby blue. i like em but im still gonna get hids. ill post some pics tomorrow

heres the bulbs

and my knob

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
the knob looks cooler in that pic then in person but its better then the one i have now

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
Short Shifter

really late update but i got busy. i did end up getting the short shifter installed it took longer then expected because after i got it on i tested it out and it was nearly impossible to get it into gear and it was hitting the exhaust and the heat shield. so i bent down the heat shield and relocated the exhaust hanger and its all good now. i also took some pics of my lights,my right bulb looks more blue and brighter then the left for some reason but i think its cuz i had to splice into the right low beam just to get the left low beam to work but their still better then stock. i probably wont be doing anything major to the car until tax time,but i will update when i can.

ShowtimeCivic

Nice build, this is the exact car I want to get. You even started with the mods I want to do.

Tapatalk'n from my Desire HD