1997 Civic EX Build

mlariviere

This is my thread for my first car, a 1997 civic ex, with a d16y8 (vtec). It's gonna be a slow build because I can't do much in the winter and I'm just in highschool so i'm kinda tight on cash... :shock: but heres my build and comments/suggestions are appreciated.

When I got it, bone stock, 109k miles, old lady driven. The car has a little rust on the back wheel well on one side but i plan to fix it in the spring. She's a cutie ;)

After a good wash n' wax.

My christmas presents.. type-r front lip, spoiler, and 50/50 red/white tails (no pictures of these for now, except in my signature)

Also expecting 5000k HID bulbs in the mail any day now, ill try to post some more pics when those come in and i have them installed.

Plans:
Exhaust
Cold air or ram air intake
drop of 1.5-2"(suggestions?)
Headers
perhaps a intake manifold
stock steelies painted black
Black housing headlights (DIY?)
some minor body work

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice ride! Sounds like some realistic goals. I was gonna say a lip kit and some black housing headlights would set it off nicely but looks like you've got that taken care of. Post up some pics of the type r lip installed. I'm stuck between Mugen and Type R.

mlariviere

Got my 5000k HID bulbs in today! installed them first thing, and they look good and are really damn bright!

Kalindian

New Civic Here!
Looks just like mine bud, good luck and don't worry about how fast you get parts, just that they are the right parts for you.

Sloth_homegrown

looks good i love how shiny the paint is i gotta repaint mine cause my stupid hot neighbor hit my fender so i got a half ass paint job on it. in really good shape though nice start =)

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do u have two threads for this?

U only need one homie...

SoJ1Ro

just sit back and enjoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
got a cold air intake kit off of ebay, it fits real well and makes the car sound a little bit meaner.

when you have more money take the ebay filter off and get a K&N filter. and nice start to your car