1998 Civic Ex

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
^^ that's one of the popular problems 6th gen's have.

As for an engine stamp, it should be located just under the left side of the headers as shown below:

Mine says D16Y8 but you can't read it cuz my car is really dirty
????one spot weild on the header "where the tube meets the flange" ???

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
amej8 said:
^^ that's one of the popular problems 6th gen's have.

As for an engine stamp, it should be located just under the left side of the headers as shown below:

Mine says D16Y8 but you can't read it cuz my car is really dirty
Looks like someone needs a valve cover gasket $15 and should get rid of that oil leaking down behind the header son

and $3700 aint bad, if he has papers for the motor, its riced, but nothing that can't be reversed with some simple tools for example: lime green painted everything, painted vents, fart can exhaust, fat whale tail wing, painted drums, i would scoop it up (if the motor is legit) and put some different rims and sell those on craigslist, buy some 99-00 taillights, some $12 black stock windshield wipers, and that should put you back to stock, and when you mean wobbly shifter you mean when its in gear and it wobbles from side to side, thats normal

Deathcab

5+ Year Member
Suanico said:
Looks like someone needs a valve cover gasket $15 and should get rid of that oil leaking down behind the header son

and $3700 aint bad, if he has papers for the motor, its riced, but nothing that can't be reversed with some simple tools for example: lime green painted everything, painted vents, fart can exhaust, fat whale tail wing, painted drums, i would scoop it up (if the motor is legit) and put some different rims and sell those on craigslist, buy some 99-00 taillights, some $12 black stock windshield wipers, and that should put you back to stock, and when you mean wobbly shifter you mean when its in gear and it wobbles from side to side, thats normal
Yeah I found out that the wobbly-ness is normal. And For the rice factor it isnt TOO bad only thing i really hate are the altezza's and The windlshield wiper blades. Theres no painted vents or anything haha.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's got a 4dr grill too. I'd change that out. Other then what was already said, go for it.

Deathcab

5+ Year Member
If I were to sand, primer and then paint the chrome part on the grill would that work too? Arnt ctr grills like 150 bucks?

sky9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
check out the tranny , listen to every gear, and 2700 sound pretty good. ctr grills 150? iono if its the real thing mayb but fake 1 are like 30$.

ohh yah welcome to the club.

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but the ctr one is so much nicer

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
paint looks alittle bit of different color white on door...maybe its the lighting idk...but not 2 bad.......def take it got my 98 ex with 112k for 5700 with oem rear lip =)

Deathcab

5+ Year Member
watisjdm said:
paint looks alittle bit of different color white on door...maybe its the lighting idk...but not 2 bad.......def take it got my 98 ex with 112k for 5700 with oem rear lip =)
its 110% lighting. It was super overcast that day. Paint is actually really nice.

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did u buy it yet my dude? cause that car is worth it cause thats a really good deal....

Deathcab

5+ Year Member
The kid is holding it for me. I need to get paid next week. Then I am buying it. My first car, and its a honda :]

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Congrats, then you can change your sig from scion to civic. =)

Deathcab

5+ Year Member
haha word! First things on list 99-00 tails, Short shifter, and new windshield wiper blades :]. After that im saving up for boosting it by spring!

Anywhere I can find 00-99 tails? Also Ive heard mixed things about ebay short shifters. Some people say they are fine other people snap them. I cant see me snapping a shifter. Only thing im worried about is them not working as good as say a skunk2 or B&M.