1998 civic sedan l.x..clutch

Joshs civic e-j

ok here is the situation..my civics clutch is sliping,everything is stock but in 100k miles i plan on geting it a engine swap.i asked a mechanic and he said to just get a regular one cuz my car doesnt need a high performance one its a 106hp engine so understood.but if in about a year im getting a stronger engine and planning racen it & on putting power on my d16 for now wont it just be better to get the race clutch? so my question would be witch clutch should i get?ive looked and seen stage 1,2,3,and a couple others.i dont need the top of the line (considering im on a tight budget) but wnt one that will handle fast shifts down shifting and punishment..lol and id like a short shifter but would that have to do with the tranny?id just like to get the whole bang for the buck considering the labor on this job is around $150-200. so if theres any other things u guys know i should chek or modify when i do the clutch letmme know ! thanx for reading any info will be greatly apreciated and helpfull

vtac_ej6

Well it depends on your swap. If your swaping in a b h or k series the clutch isn't going to work any way.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Joshs civic e-j

im not shure what series,probably the h series..but ima use this engine for abot a year 100k miles..what clutch is best for my d16,ima put a couple extra h.p on it .?and do u know about the shifter,or is that the tranny?

vtac_ej6

Well if your only going to be using it for a year id go with oem. Whatever little hp you add will be fine.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you doing a motor swap? im lost. you can get a decent aftermarket clutch that is a bit more heavy but will handle future mods you might do. if you do a motor swap your clutch will be wasted anyways.

vtac_ej6

Yes if you are changing from a d series motor to an h. Your d series clutch and tranny won't work on the new swap. So at this point your best bet is to get the cheapest clucth/used. Since you will only be using it for a year