1998 ex dd slow build

emerican

Registered VIP
i want my tbody back so damn bad to get it put on and the car running the way it should
Also as it poured rain today and i smoked a ciggerate and watched my door panel get soaked ive decided after the tbody is back on and the maintenance stuff is taken care off i really need to get window visors for the civic, i put some on the truck and i like them and the way they look. So ill be picking some up once i get the tbody back on and at least the oil leak fixed. Then ill think about spending money on them.
After Christmas is over and the first of the year i will have more constant money to put into the car.
I have a huge list of future mods i want to eventually do to the car.
My cars are never finished projects always have been.

emerican

Registered VIP
it really makes a difference in the look and they are functional keeps the rain out and i smoke in my car so i can crack the window and not have to worry about getting rained on.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I loved visors when i smoked. They do look good imo also.

emerican

Registered VIP
yeah i actually really like the way they look
we got them for wifeys f150 and she likes them as well
Although im sitting at the house with the truck and shes in the civic
id love to see peoples face when she gets into it by herself with our daughter

emerican

Registered VIP
After everyone gets tax returns i may be building a motor for my buddies project car depending on if he has the money for everything and what i want to do it.
the only way im going to do it though is to put it on my engine stand and put it in the building behind my house and work on it in spare time. What he wants done isnt hard and hes not looking for some crazy hp numbers he just wants a decently modded motor to drop in the car in the backyard so he can drive it and his wife take what he dds now since shes going back to work.

emerican

Registered VIP
he talked to me again about it today apprently he has found a motor so if he goes through with buying it then i will have a side project to work on. Even better is its not my money buying the parts and i will actually get paid to do it.
So far i know its going to be a d series either z6 or y8
im pretty sure hes leaving the bottom end stock, possibly upgrading the valvetrain depends on what cam he wants. i know even if it stays stock and he goes with a stage 1 cam everything will be rebuilt
Then all the basics are for sure Intake, header, skunk 2 intake mani with hondata thermal gasket, upgraded tbody just dont know what size he wants, cam gear. gonna do the vc while the motor is out. Theres more, but im not sure how far he wants to go into this. Everything i listed was just what hes told me he wanted.

freshasfck

vtakkk
Registered VIP
I love my visors, they actually help alot and keeps the cabin ventilated. and great to hear about the engine!

emerican

Registered VIP
^ its not my motor i have basically all of that stuff short of the intake mani and cam on mine
if my friend wants to do it im going to build that motor for him
and im glad to hear it man im looking forward to getting the visors after i get my bored out tbody back and install it and get a little maintenance stuff done.

freshasfck

vtakkk
Registered VIP
^ its not my motor i have basically all of that stuff short of the intake mani and cam on mine
if my friend wants to do it im going to build that motor for him
and im glad to hear it man im looking forward to getting the visors after i get my bored out tbody back and install it and get a little maintenance stuff done.
Good stuff, keep us updated.:cool:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Spare project? That rebuild shouldnt take more than a week...

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Spare project? That rebuild shouldnt take more than a week...
I think he means he's just gonna wrench on it in his spare time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emerican

Registered VIP
^ this
it wouldnt take me but a week if i just went at it, but i wont do that ill work on it in my spare time when i feel like it
he knows that, he knows i work and have a newborn baby and all so im not going to pull 8 hours days on his motor when im doing it for basically nothing.

emerican

Registered VIP
Also i called it a spare project, because if he does get me to do it once i get it in the car and it can drive then all the other stuff he wants done to the car he will want me to do as well so if it goes through like he wants it to the car itself will be like a spare project

emerican

Registered VIP
I want my tbody back so damn bad i hate starring at a check engine light and the way it runs right now
it dosent run all that bad but it dosent run the way it really should which bothers me

emerican

Registered VIP
Not positive i know it should be there by now but im sure christmas has screwed everything up

emerican

Registered VIP
been talking to him it should be on its way back in a day or so if it takes any longer than that i will start to get annoyed.

emerican

Registered VIP
Get paid on monday then i will be ordering some new ngk blues
I will have the money but will most likley wait untill the week after to get the oem tranny fluid and change it.

emerican

Registered VIP
today is a good day i got my tbody back and this thing looks good
very clean nice new butterfly all the sensors cleaned and i compared it to a spare d series tbody i have laying around and its a good bit bigger so its a good upgrade on the bore job its actually bigger than the b series tbody not by much but a little bit
cannot wait to get this bad boy installed and have the car running right and no more cel
just got to figure out what day me and jimmy will do it probably monday or tuesday ill do it sooner if possible though
just got to grab a new gasket and then im cooking with gas