1999 civic si refuses to start ! help please

EM1owner

i drive a LEGIT real em1, not a conversion bs.
(no swap / all stock)
and i drove out to stockton from modesto just fine on the freeway,
i went to stockton to see my nieces in the hospital being born.
well it was about 1am and i decided to leave...
start my car up and drive about half a block, my motor craps out
and just shuts down. all my lights work, i checked all my fuses under the dash and there all fine. i just changed my distributor today for no apparent reason,
my spark plugs are brand new, ngk golds bought a couple weeks ago.
i know i have power and fuel because my fuel clicks and you can hear it go through, i have power to roll up and down the windows and turn the radio on?
we just spent over $500 trying to get it running today.

can you guys over some opinions, because i cant afford to leave my
Si in stockton for another night...

sixwhip14

5+ Year Member
Is the starter turning over? Are you sure you have the firing order right?

EM1owner

yes the starter is turning over. and yes my plugs are firing in the right order.
my plugs are coordinated by length.

EM1owner

i get fuel, and my starter turns over. i get no STILL get no spark off my wires though.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
your coil is bad. its a $100 part thats inside the distributor, thats almost certainly the source of your problem.

RonJ

Banned
Any CEL codes?

If the fuel pump primes, then check whether ther is bright white spark at the plugs. If there's no spark, check whether the timing belt snapped or stripped and test the coil and ICM in the distributor. If the spark is weak spark (orange or blue), then test the coil.

If you have bright white spark, then compression test the cylinders.

EM1owner

ohh, i didnt read it. thought it was part of your sig or something. my cams arnt turning, and thats probably why im not getting a spark. im guessings its because my tensioner isnt tightened up. because when i crank it, the belt wants to turn but for some unapparent reason it doesnt.

RonJ

Banned
Sounds like a stripped timing belt. Install a new properly-timed timing belt and then compression test the cylinders.

EM1owner

we found that out the hard way.

i dont have any extra money to do a compression test.
but now my check engine light is on. i believe its due to my O2 sensor because we were
having trouble pulling it off. im guna do a CarMD test on it today.