1999 Si slowww build

easth902

Hi all, just finally bought a civic that i feel is worth talking about haha. Not new to Honda's or cars in general, even though im on the younger side.
Anyway, picked this up the other day for what i feel was a pretty good deal!

1999 civic si, 197000 original kms and best of all, no RUST! This is a big deal for where im from in Canada.
Im pretty happy with it, i like that its bone stock (except the god awful wheels) so its a good clean slate to start with.
No big plans yet, just going to do a full tune up and cleaning for starts. First question i have is, what do you guys use/do for paint? I want to give it a really good wash/buff/wax and im not to sure where to start.
Anyway thats all for now!

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can start by giving it a good cleaning on the outside, inside and even the bay. Just be careful. Wash, clay bar, polish and wax should bring it to a nice shine.

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I use Meguiars cleaning products. They have clay bar kit too that you can use.

easth902

Ok thanks for advice. On another note, these were in the trunk when i bought the car

Two 13's just seem a little over the top to me lol..

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Canadian SI LOL,

I knew it was Canadian just by the color.

easth902

Ohh okay never really realized that. I dont think i have ever seen a real sir around here. Lots of people chucking a b16 in their civic and asking $9000 for it though haha.
Also tomorrow im heading to a salvage yard to look around. Hopefully find a integra shifter, few odds and ends, also was thinking about a rsx-s muffler? I know theres a smashed one there and was thinking it might give me a little bit more of a purrr but look oem

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Canadian Si= United states' EX model. The Si in the states is the popular one. In Canada it's the SiR.
I wasn't aware of that. As soon as I saw the pics I was like .... whoa nelly... Something's fishy here with this Si..

and knowing is half the battle :thumbs up

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wasn't aware of that. As soon as I saw the pics I was like .... whoa nelly... Something's fishy here with this Si..

and knowing is half the battle :thumbs up
I thought you would have been aware since you live closer to good old canadia.

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
SiR or SI to 99% of you guys are actually quite rare in the Atlantic provinces like Where im to here in Newfoundnand! Like there are mabey a couple of EP3's and even fewer EM1's! Hahaha, we need more nice cars here haha

easth902

SiR or SI to 99% of you guys are actually quite rare in the Atlantic provinces like Where im to here in Newfoundnand! Like there are mabey a couple of EP3's and even fewer EM1's! Hahaha, we need more nice cars here haha
Haha oh i know. I am lucky enough to live 15 minutes away from the Atlantic Motorsport park though, usually draws a good crowd of R8's, one lambo and tons of porsches and bmw's, so i do get to see a few nice cars.
Back on topic even though i have not much say, pouring rain here and its only 10 degrees and windy, so no wrecker picking for me. Oil and coolant flush it is!

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice pick up we have the same car lol. I have the usdm version which is the ex.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
You guys have nothing to complain about, you guys can import vehicles from other countries where we are allowed to do at all. :evil:

easth902

So I ended up selling the civic for a decent anount more then i bought it, somebody randomly offered me cash, and an hour later it was gone haha. Butttttttt, i bought something i like even more

212000kms, bought it from the original owner who had taken it to the dealership for every service. He kept it in very nice shape, and i only payed $1400 :thumbup:
I love four doors much more then coupes so it worked out well for me.
Plans are pretty small right now due to it pretty much being winter here and we generally get a loooot of snow. So over the winter i want save up money for the spring, but i do plan on
-rear disc swap and brake upgrade of some sort
-replace all rubber hoses and grounds and what not with new OEM to spruce up the bay
-Acura el cluster swap
Then once the snow melts ill have some money put aside for coils thinking i will go with ff's, wheels of some sort, and exhuast.. I really have no clue when it comes to this.
Hope there is some sedan lovers here:D

easth902

I had a 98 sedan once and I loved it. Do you plan on swapping the engine?
If i keep the car for any amount of time, yes. If i have my suspension and brake setup completly done, which includes coils, front and rear sway bar, all new bushings, rear disk swap and and some kind of performance genre pad and rotor combo. If i get this far with the car, i would be working full time by then, and have no second thoughts about a k20, and its sedan, no body would expect it:D