2 wire iacv to 3 wire iacv conversion

CivEX_00

5+ Year Member
Hello,
Here is my buddies issue.

98 civic ex

D16y7 swap (y8 was toast)

The harness had a 2 wire iacv plug and we need it to be converted to a 3 wire iacv plug for the ecu. How do we wire this up? I search and searched and all I find is people doing the 3 to 2 wire conversion. There is a black/blue wire in plug A12 and A13 is empty which I gathered is where we run the orange wire off of the 3 wire iacv plug.

This is a weird situation and if it helps I can try and explain it better.

Thanks.

yevangelis

eg ek ek
i'm thinkin its something like this

then at the ecu blk/blu should be in A14 and run another wire (orange oem) to A13 from the connector.

CivEX_00

5+ Year Member
so obviously the black and blue wire on the two prong plug would go to the black and blue wire on the three prong plug and then the orange wire would go from the 3 plug straight to the ECU and slot A13 but his wire is not green its yellow would we hook his yellow wire off of the 2 plug to the yellow on the 3 prong?.

we just don't want to fry anything and there's really nothing out there on the Internet to tell exactly how to do it

yevangelis

eg ek ek
oh snap sorry, I edited that pic from a B-swab guide. fixed. except for your yellow wire, i guess whatever wire you have left after using your black or black/blue is the one that goes to the middle. then you run a new orange.

what ecu are you running?

is the pic in my first post showing for you?

CivEX_00

5+ Year Member
Y7 ecu.

Here's what we did.

Black to black
Yellow to yellow
Orange to a13.

Still surging idle. Maybe run yellow right to a14 as its listed as the positive for the iacv?

TnNgyn

Hey guys,

sorry for bring up an old post but im new to this site and going through the same issues.

i have an EG with a d16y4 and just want to know if youve resolved the idle issues with the above method