20 mpg, 04 Civic: is that normal?

Chacon

Just bought em2 114k miles no mods just different wheels gets about 22mpg I was used to 32mpg that my ek hatch got before this

Chacon

Just bought the car checked oil and it looks clean took out spark plugs also look newish, and mixed driving city/highway.No codes,

As for my style of driving like the first day I got the car I was aggressive but as soon as I realized it felt slower than my old car and also exhaust is quiet I filled up then drove it with care

dupe3d

I just calculated my mileage, '04, 5 speed D17A2, over 200k on the clock. Throwing an evap code... 28.5 MPG. Spirited non-hiway driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chacon

Check that spark plugs are properly gapped. Are they the plugs recommended in the Owner's Manual?

If you unplug an engine sensor to trigger a CEL code, does the code remained stored in the ECU after the ignition key is turned off?

If you connect an OBD2 code reader, do all sensors report as ready?
I get 28mpg now a ground to the alternator was broke that can make it consume more fuel, and I have a cel code it's a massive Leak in the evap system and I'm thinking it's the gas cap because seal is a little rotted and has a crack