2000 Civic Si --- CEL light

teddyxruxpin

5+ Year Member
I have had this annoying Check engine light on for awhile and when it on it makes the car run like crap, the code is from the second o2 sensor which i replaced then i tried to use that defouler trick on the o2 sensor, and then got a cel eliminator to try to stop the thing. Nothing is working to stop the code from comming up.

I have a resonator that replaced the CAT and a header i installed in front of that

here are some links to what i bought already

http://www.o2simulator.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7&zenid=ed2581dcab81e87239c94368eae747de

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64597

Anybody know how i can eliminate this code, or anyone have the same kinda problems with the cel lights and fixed it somehow?

any help would be great, i am so aggverated by this whole thing

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Usually the Spark Plug Non Fouler trick works pretty good...I just did it on mine and I haven't had any problems.

What is the CEL code exactly..? Did you reset your ECU after you did the spark plug non fouler trick..?

teddyxruxpin

5+ Year Member
are you seriously from ann arbor?

Yeah i live close to Ann Arbor, u live here too?

i dont know the exact code, ill get it tommorow from autozone but yeah i have the defouler on it right now, and the other simulator that you hook up to the source and ground.

I reset the computer every time i try to fix it, and the light goes off for anywhere from 50 to 150 miles.

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i live in ann arbor. what color is your si? theres not mnay around

teddyxruxpin

5+ Year Member
I got a Black one with smoke mirror tint, I'm not really in ann arbor too much. I used to live there but im usually around dearborn for school and whatknot.

Go blue!!!