2000 Civic Si

teddyxruxpin

5+ Year Member
I got a 2000 Civic Si, that i've been wanting to do something to. What is the best mod other than a turbo that will give me a decent amount of power?

I have a header, filter, and im getting a exhaust.

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A good suspension setup will help you all around. More power to the ground, better braking, handling, etc. If you're looking for a serious power upgrade, I would recommend going for turbo. Get with a good performance shop that has experience with Hondas. Especially with heavy modification and tuning. Getting a respectable amount of power out of a B16 takes work, money, and time. Good luck with it though, I know I'm extremely happy with my end result :thumbs up.

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how much hp would the ctr cams actually give on a stock engine as the one in question? i'm in the same boat really, can't afford to go turbo yet and got the same bolt-ons. high compression pistons have been on the cards for me for a while as well (being as im not boosting)

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
CTR cams wont make much of a difference without a compression increase. you'd also need springs and retainers. basically youd be rebuilding the whole motor to put in cams

just boost it. and use the SEARCH feature, it is your friend :thumbs up

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A good suspension setup will help you all around. More power to the ground, better braking, handling, etc. If you're looking for a serious power upgrade, I would recommend going for turbo. Get with a good performance shop that has experience with Hondas. Especially with heavy modification and tuning. Getting a respectable amount of power out of a B16 takes work, money, and time. Good luck with it though, I know I'm extremely happy with my end result :thumbs up.
well put

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:word:

I went the turbo way, and it resulted in a bad choice. It was my fault, I skipped a few things here & there. You can do lot's of things to an Si. For starters, you have a b16 already, so it's a good start. Get:
A better suspension
Intake
Headers
Exhaust
Intake manifold
TB
Vtec controller or chipped ecu
OBX lsd
and call it a day................................

or build a strong b16 and go turbo or run nitrous. Do some research and do it the right way

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Or you could leave it alone. Unmolested Si's are fairly rare and you'll have unmatched Honda reliability.