2000 EM1 Project - Adding Boost

StuG_Lyfe

Hey all,

Recently got into the Honda game when I picked up a 2000 Civic SiR. Little bit of a high miler but mechanically it's in really good shape. Doesn't burn any oil, no weird hesitations when it's starting. The big thing about it though was that it was (95%) rust free. Finding that in Alberta can be kinda hard at times, especially with older cars. Anyways, picked it up for a good price with the intention of driving it for winter and then boosting it in the spring. Will keep track of my progress here.

Bodywise the car needs some attention, but thankfully next to no rust repair is needed. There's one fist sized spot of surface rust on the passenger side door which I'll wind up sanding down when I repaint. Aside from that it's all going to be paint work. Previous owner used the car for a lot of highway driving (haven't figured out why he picked this car for it) and as such the front bumper is really REALLY chipped. Both front fenders need some attention as well. The wing also has a lot of paint peeling on it, but I'm not as worried because it's being removed when I get a new trunk lid (wanting a carbon fiber one)

Here's a couple pictures of the car right after I got it home. Only damage on the car is the front drivers fender (got a brand new aftermarket fender for 40 bucks) and a small scrape from a cart corral in front of the rear drivers side wheel.

Plan as the car sits is to collect a pile of parts over the winter (currently am paying for a bunch of turbo parts from a CC member) and then as soon as spring hits and I can break out my other car start with body and mechanical work. If all goes smoothly it should only take a couple weeks to get the mechanical stuff done (will probably take some vacation time to work on it) and then I can take it to a local tuner. I'm aiming for about 250-260HP on stock internals. I'll also be planning a totally new engine for the car the following winter (leaning towards a built LS/VTEC swap at the moment)

Will post some more pictures once I get a chance to get started on some little projects with the car

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks like a good base to start with

StuG_Lyfe

Thanks guys. Stole the garage from the folks for the day. Wound up starting to fix some of the interior stuff. Previous owner hadn't reattached the connectors all along the bottom of the drivers side door card from when he repaired the window track. Fixed all of those. Also pulled the whole back end of the interior out to install new speakers. Front's were probably the easiest I've ever done. Rears shouldn't be too bad either. Still deciding if I should remove all the sub wiring he did as its all loose under the back seat pad. I won't be putting subs in the car so I might be able to make 20 bucks or so on the old wiring.

StuG_Lyfe

Back from the dead!

It's actually just been more of a lack of any real updates with the car. I pulled the whole back end of the interior out to swap rear deck speakers out and haven't put it back a) because I want a friend who's good with audio wiring to pull out the old subwoofer wiring that was loose under the seat, and b) it's -20 Celsius and snowing outside. One day I'll find a garage....