2000 ex build, my first honda

2000sliverEX

had a few people tell me ill have to replace the TB and anothers say just drill the rivets out. not really sure what to do

emerican

Registered VIP
why would you replace the tb
and i used small screws to put the tps back in
i actually have 4 extra screws that would work perfectly for a tps 2 spare tps's and a few other things for tbodys including a few spare oem tbodys
it literally takes 5 mins to get a rivited on tps off of there with a small drill bit and a flathead screw driver i wouldnt spend the money on another tb for something so cheap especially when its a 70mm tbody and all you have to do is replace a tps
and i feel you on the debadging i took off everything except for the honda h and it was a long process to get the glue off, but i ended up getting it off and i like the way it looks alot better without them

emerican

Registered VIP
just go to any hardware store really and if you want to be super certain take it with you and just find 2 small screws that will hold the tps
i put it on with screws and almost everybody does once they get the orginals off, because im sure it would be a serious pain in the ass to rivet it back on and the screws will make it very easy to take it off again if you need to take it off again for some reason down the road.

b16lewis

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
don't drill out the heads. take a die grinder and cut a straight line in the head of the rivets. then use a flat head screwdriver and backthem out.

2000sliverEX

i got the tps off this weekend with zero problems, went smoothly. already got the screws to put on the new one. can i just use the one of my stock mani? also finally got around to removing my ac and cruise control. never used either one of them since i bought the car so i figured id just take them. engine bay looks way better now too.

emerican

Registered VIP
yes you can use the tps you already have as long as it works correctly you wont have any problems out of it

2000sliverEX

cool, ill do that then. im gonna get a new gasket for it wait till i have to smog my car next month (f*ck california) and then ill be putting it on.

2000sliverEX

so iv been up and down about putting the skunk2 manifold on. its just chilling in my garage collecting dust. any idea if itll make my car run better or worse? i plan on using it for when i boost my car but you know how it is when you get a new part lol you wanna use it.

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey man just finished your thread....nice progress.....as far as the intake manifold dont bother with it sell it and start your turbo build........ive done it like four times already( d series turbo ) ......get yourself a junkyard motor to rebuild you can ussually get them from www.car-parts.com for pretty cheap click on the page at the bottom with the star...........eagle h beam rods( will have to knoch the block)........vitara pistons.....your choice of a cam.....block guard and port your oil pump passage...make sure you get a oil drain plug thats magnetic and use cheap oil for engine break in....... drive for about 5 to 6 hundred miles changing oil every 2 hundred to 1 hundred miles before even thinking of boosting it....thats all you will really need to make some power........idk if you have driven a turbo honda before but let me tell you its the most addicting thing ever................................................besides crack....lmao

2000sliverEX

iv already have pieces laying around here and there for my turbo build and from what iv read the skunk2 manifold will be a nice part of it. i got it for free so why not use it? im for sure getting a new head hopefully something ported and polished and just gonna run the stock bottom end till it dies then build that. im not on a hunt for huge power its a daily. im just gonna run a safe boost and do arp head studs and thicker head gasket to lower my compression some.i dont really have the budget to be building a crazy motor or anything like that

2000sliverEX

been so busy with work and school lately i havnt been doing much with my car besides driving it haha. ordered a spoon lip for my car last week so im waiting for that now, pretty much the only updates i have. will post some pics once i get it. but after giving my car a much needed bath after all this crappy cali weather we have had i figured id snap some shots of my car. so here you go guys

2000sliverEX

yeah me either. should go pick it up soon. prolly gonna order spoon mirrors soon too. and window visors. got a big list building up haha