2000 ex rear coilovers

710times

So I had a rear set of edelbrock ias coilovers and those took a crap. Well since edelbrock doesn't make them anymore they didn't have the parts to rebuild them so long story short I ended up buying some $45 ebay shocks without springs or top hats. So since I had the edelbrock setup I ended up getting megan racing oem looking top hats and ebay coilovers. After getting the shock in the mail I had to take it to a friends house to grind off the collAR some so the sleeve of the coilover could slide over it. Now someone PLEASE correct me if it's wrong. It just doesn't look right to me. At First I had the spring sitting in the bucket and the sleeve on top of the spring and it really didn't look right till I seen a video on YouTube. The last set of coilovers I had for my ef were skunk 2 so there were 100% assembled. Therefore why I think these look like crap and not right. 20170408_121703.jpg 20170408_121653.jpg

710times

20170409_112852.jpg These are the Edelbrock Ias shocks that were blown on the rear of my 00 ex coupe. I replaced them with the ones in the pic on post #1. I had to go and buy new bolts for the shock at lowes becausehe Edelbrock shocks didn't have a welded nut and the new ones I got did. The bolts and nuts on the old shocks were sae also which was weird considering its on a Japanese vehicle, edelbrock must've supplied all the necessary hardware. I didn't get to take pics of after I putthe new ones on. But there's the pic of the old ones all beat up. The top hat is solid also which made for a crappy ride.

CoupedUp99

Honestly that looks all sorts of jacked up, the hat should sit flush on the top of the spring, my best bet would be to sell those, and purchase a cheap brand. such as raceland. while they are cheap coilovers they at least have some quality as those seem to lack quality.