2000 Honda Civic EX with VTech - Engine Shaking

Newby

Hello, everyone!

My 2000 Honda Civic EX VTec with 5 Speed has a problem about shaking when driving. Let me tell you more detail information about it. My Engine was bad and I bought another used Engine to swapped out. After I swapped out the Engine, the new Engine is running and sounds good. Every time I start driving, I heard a sound coming from the front (I could not tell it comes from the Transmission or the Engine) before the car is running. This problem happen in both driving forward and backward. Furthermore, I feel that the car is shaking from the Gear, the dash, the Transmission, and the Engine when the car is running. I drove about 15-25 mph and I feel the car is shaking. It doesn't run normal. I checked all of the Engine Bolts and every one is bolting good as it was before. I don't know what to do now, so please help.

Newby

Any of you who experts for cars, any subjection would be helpful... Please help.

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
What rpm is it at when its at idle? Does the shaking go away when you go faster?

Newby

sounds like a misfire
Thank you for your subjection. I'm not sure about the misfire because the Engine is running fine without any shaking when the car is parking on the drive way. It shakes only when I drive. I feel that the car is not running normal. Everything is shaking.

Newby

What rpm is it at when its at idle? Does the shaking go away when you go faster?
No, the shaking is not going away when I drive faster. I have not try to drive faster than 30 MPH because it shakes a lot. I scare it might has problem. The RPM is normal as it did before I swapped out the Engine.

gugiey

Registered VIP
Thank you for your subjection. I'm not sure about the misfire because the Engine is running fine without any shaking when the car is parking on the drive way. It shakes only when I drive. I feel that the car is not running normal. Everything is shaking.
like do you feel it In your steering wheel ?

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bad motor mount? Did you notice any damage to them when you swapped out the engine?

Newby

Bad motor mount? Did you notice any damage to them when you swapped out the engine?
Oh, I forgot to tell you about the Engine bolts. There are two Engine bolts on the driver side and the top one was broken down half of it into the Engine. I didn't notice it for a month until the day I prepared to drop it into the car. The guy who sold it to me tried to drill the bolt off but he didn't drill it carefully and he demaged a part of the edge of the whole a little bit. Then I took it to NAPA to take half of the bolt off from the Engine.

When I put the new bolt into it, I put some Sparkplug Thread Lock around the both bolts before I placed them into the whole or the Engine. They were tight before I dropped the Engine into the car.

So now I'm not sure the Shaking thing comes from that or not. It's really shaking so I scare to drive fast or over 25 MPH. I could be wrong but I feel that the shaking comes from the passenger side when I drive it.

I really need your help so do you have any idea?

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
It could be something to do with your steering assembly. You could have a badly damaged front right wheel bearing. It could be a lose axle too, but i think you would have a bigger problem. Check your alignment and CV joints as well. Good luck man.

Newby

It could be something to do with your steering assembly. You could have a badly damaged front right wheel bearing. It could be a lose axle too, but i think you would have a bigger problem. Check your alignment and CV joints as well. Good luck man.
Thank you for your subjection. My car ran good before I swapped out the Engine. It never shaked or wiggled at all. Anyway I'll check the Steering Assembly, Wheel Bearing, Axle, and CV Joints this weekend and then I'll come back here to let you know.

It shakes and wiggles a lot. I never had and saw a car ran like this before.

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
Thank you for your subjection. My car ran good before I swapped out the Engine. It never shaked or wiggled at all. Anyway I'll check the Steering Assembly, Wheel Bearing, Axle, and CV Joints this weekend and then I'll come back here to let you know.

It shakes and wiggles a lot. I never had and saw a car ran like this before.
Sounds good. Goodluck dude

colecivic

if its shaking from the engine ..could be the motor mounts. if the whole shakes. then its suspension problem

Newby

if its shaking from the engine ..could be the motor mounts. if the whole shakes. then its suspension problem
Thank you for your subjection. I plan to check it with all of the problems which all of you told me but it's too cold on this weekend. May be I can't do anything for it but I'll check it as soon as the weather gets better and then I'll be here to let all of you know. Thank you for all of your subjections.

Kavika+

It sounds like it could be an axle. check both of them. make sure they are are both firmly sitting in place

Newby

Ok, guys. I figured it out and finally it was the Axle on the passenger side. This is what I did. I lifted the car up, turned the Engine on, and put into the first gear. The problem was the Axle. The Axle looked good on the outside but it was bad in the inside. I guess it was the bearing. I replaced the Axle and it runs good or normal now. All of you are car experts.Thank you so much for all of your subjections.

blknpurple

Congrats, weird how the axle was fine before the swap and went bad right after. But good thing you had it all figured out!

Newby

Congrats, weird how the axle was fine before the swap and went bad right after. But good thing you had it all figured out!
I have no idea why my car ran smooth and well before but after I swapped out the Engine, one of the Axle went bad. The bad part was the one connected to the Transmission. Anyway, I got it runs as it suppose to now.