2000 Si build

cdoran06

Chase
5+ Year Member
So i have a 2000 Si. i wanna build it up but i need a few suggestions. it currently has AEM intake, dc headers, apexi exhaust, tokiko shocks with ground control coilovers, skunk 2 camber kits. does anyone make top end kits for these that would include pistons, cams, valve springs, etc etc..... help me out ppl

BRAK54

come getcha some
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
google is waiting for you

cdoran06

Chase
5+ Year Member
yea dude i've looked around. i want specifics. what cams go with what gears, whats the best, whats a good combo for certain things. basically just wanna build the top end. thought i could get a little help here. also not gonna turbo it

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There's tons of setups that would be fine.
You don't have to match cams with the same gears. Toda cams would be nice. Or even ITR cams.

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there is a very friendly button on this forum like the others ... SEARCH

rbnem1

5+ Year Member
Get CTR Cams.Opens up your high end.Try a V-Tech controller with that too.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man it ALLLLLL depends on Budget, time, and how much power you want to put down?

Cams are good, so is getting your head done at a shop that can tell you EXACTLY what to put into it, to put down the numbers you want!

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man it ALLLLLL depends on Budget, time, and how much power you want to put down?

Cams are good, so is getting your head done at a shop that can tell you EXACTLY what to put into it, to put down the numbers you want!
Bingo. We can all give you suggestions, opinions, personal experiences, etc. It's going to come down to what you're willing to spend. Gotta pay to play. I would recommend any head work you have done, have it done at a reputable shop. Sure it costs more, but it's guaranteed. I've done a lot of my own work, but I'm also a mechanic and have a lot of friends with a lot of engine building experience. Just give a shop a call, or better yet, go down to one and talk with someone there, they'll be able to give you a lot more specific advice, as well as a price range.