2000 si cluster retrofit in 5th gen dash?

snoob

9k RPM and 1+ Lateral G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yo guys, just wanted to see if anyone could let me know if a 2000 si cluster fits into a 5th gen dash, i can see there being some modification needed, but nothing to serious... i would do a more through search but, i'm at work and don't have the time...

if anyone has pictures that would be nice as well =) thanks guys.

BillKisme

IM a Carbon Fiber whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it has been done, you just need to re wire the plug somehow. thats all I know

snoob

9k RPM and 1+ Lateral G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, i've seen it been done. i've heard of people just swapping the gauge faces, which i'm not against doing, but if i'm going to run the cluster, i want to run the whole cluster... bump for anyone else who knows anything.

I know there used to be a write up somewhere on it, but it got old and the pictures were lost...

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just buy my bros JDM GSR cluster, its a easy swap into a 5th gen

snoob

9k RPM and 1+ Lateral G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
noo!! i cannot deal with kph conversion :o plus i like the si cluster better and less people do it... for me its being different FTW =)

tell your bro that joe is finally getting a rice... 93 integra LS (..... :(......) hes bringing it up this weekend to play with :O

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
formula D is on saturday at summit point.....

Drifting FTW...

Gorilla Unit 33

//LJ//
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So from what i see all you did was take off the clear overlay ? and then re wire some of it? ive also heard of people running the S2k electronic cluster. Id love to do this not just for the look but im tired of not having a tach in a turbo civic lol

LikWidChz

LikWidchz - Void Warranty
5+ Year Member
Gorilla Unit 33

So from what i see all you did was take off the clear overlay ? and then re wire some of it? ive also heard of people running the S2k electronic cluster. Id love to do this not just for the look but im tired of not having a tach in a turbo civic lol
Yeah It might look like that, but take a look at the other photos there is 2 steel bars welded to the existing support and some steel loops made to fit the existing holes, yes the plastic front is off the top and there is a peice of plastic on the cluster on the top thats cut off also. the wiring was easy, although making it fit in there nearly perfect and be able to be removeable = quite a b***h. I still need to modify the cluster a bit before i call it good.

Gorilla Unit 33

//LJ//
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
some reason i though it was easier. i guess swapping in a GSR cluster would be just the same amount of a b***h to put in?

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I swapped an ls cluster into my ek.. it was fun to do actually its not to much of a b***h but it will take a few hours though..

swap an ls cluster in instead of gsr.. ls will be cheaper and the only difference is a lower redline than gsr

the ls redline is close to my stock redline anyway so it makes more sense

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks like poo poo because its to tall and not wide enough.