2000 Si EBP Civic...Need help! Trunk Leak!

emerican

Registered VIP
Yeah i wasnt very excited about it either, but it allowed my trunk to stop leaking so i overcame that.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ive got a fool proof plan! dont let your car get wet :D

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im not talking about the seal i may have a picture of what i did if so ill post it up on here i didnt think it would work either and im not saying it will fix it just that it did for me.
It worked for me. I had the same problem with the trunk and couldn't find the leak so I tried this. Now it doesn't leak anymore.... Who knows, it might just work.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ glad it worked out for you as well man.

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
leak FIXED! lol the trick worked!! Didn't put much on it too. It must be something to do with the body line or maybe the welds???

emerican

Registered VIP
Yes im not crazy this thing works for other people lol. I believe it has to do with the welds that are right there letting it run behind or under them whatever you want to call it. On at least one side of mine i could tell the weld wasnt exactly right, but i went ahead and did both sides to be certain. Anyway glad it worked out for you man.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There's one place where it is very likely to be coming from. I had a leak in my '95 coupes trunk that I couldn't figure out where it was coming from for the longest time. Finally got sick of it and decided I'd tear apart the rear end and find the leak. Well, it wasn't long into "tearing" apart the trunk that I found the problem. There is a drain hose that runs from the roof, down the c-pillar, back into the side of the trunk and drains water out from behind the bumper cover. What happened was the adapter for the hose to the outside was clogged with dirt, grime leaves, and just nasty brown stuff. So the water was getting backed up and it would overflow and drain into my trunk.

Here is a picture I just got off google real quick. It's not an older gen so disregard that fact. The red line is where the tube runs from the roof to the trunk. The blue circle just shows where the general area is. All you have to do is pull the carpet cover from that side out, find the hose and the drain spot and clean it out if it's dirty.

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
ummm would it be bad if I cant even locate the drain hoses on either side for my coupe? I'm being serious too, not joking.