2000 si stock + questions

snikneJ

5+ Year Member
complete stock. what to do first + estimate on cost?

also i was wondering where is a good place online to learn how to do aftermarket upgrades, oem replacement, just learning about and working on hondas in general, any advice is much appreciated, thanks.

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

also i was wondering where is a good place online to learn how to do aftermarket upgrades, oem replacement, just learning about and working on hondas in general, any advice is much appreciated, thanks.
first thing i would do is lower it, and get an exhaust and intake. i think thats always a good platform. as far as looking for someplace to learn about working on hondas, youre already here. also, i would pick up a haynes manual.

mncivic03

2000 EM1
5+ Year Member
Rims tint and exhaust were the first things i did on my 00 Si. those three in my book make the car. then i dropped it 2 inches and did some engine work. And Like he said^^^ you found the right site to learn about honda's you will also learn from trial and error with installs and such... good luck with that car

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the search button will be your best friend, also a haynes manual like projectej8 said

as for suggestions, i would buy some nice coilovers that could run you about 1000 give or take.
Function&form has some nice ones, or tein for reasonable prices

some tint could look but not too much

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You lower it first. $500-$2,000.

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First thing you should do....

INSTALL A GOOD SECURITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Your first step is going to be to install security. Your second step is read, read, read, read, READ.

There's nothing like buying all the s**t people tell you to buy only to find out you hate feeling like you're dragging your ass down the highway sounding like an obnoxious pissed off bee. Not to mention the total waste of money on an intake (it's not going to give you power - though it will make your car louder - the same thing can pretty much be done by removing your resonator).

So I would suggest you read up and figure out what you want out of the car before you dump a lot of money into it.

Do you want it lowered? If so, how much? What kind of ride quality are you looking for? Are you looking for drastically better handling? Do you want adjustable ride height? How much are you willing to spend?

Do you want different wheels? If so, what size? What width do you want? What kind of performance do you want out of it? Do you want lighter wheels? Do you want large chrome wheels? What kind of tires do you want? What kind of performance do you want out of them? What is the price of the tires (since you'll have to replace them often)?

Take into consideration what kind of conditions you'll be riding in. Will you daily drive it? Will you drive in the snow? What kind of road conditions do you usually drive on (this can affect what kind of tires you put on it or how low you make the car, for example)?

Try your best to think things through before you make a purchase you regret.

snikneJ

5+ Year Member
Your first step is going to be to install security. Your second step is read, read, read, read, READ.

There's nothing like buying all the s**t people tell you to buy only to find out you hate feeling like you're dragging your ass down the highway sounding like an obnoxious pissed off bee. Not to mention the total waste of money on an intake (it's not going to give you power - though it will make your car louder - the same thing can pretty much be done by removing your resonator).

So I would suggest you read up and figure out what you want out of the car before you dump a lot of money into it.

Do you want it lowered? If so, how much? What kind of ride quality are you looking for? Are you looking for drastically better handling? Do you want adjustable ride height? How much are you willing to spend?

Do you want different wheels? If so, what size? What width do you want? What kind of performance do you want out of it? Do you want lighter wheels? Do you want large chrome wheels? What kind of tires do you want? What kind of performance do you want out of them? What is the price of the tires (since you'll have to replace them often)?

Take into consideration what kind of conditions you'll be riding in. Will you daily drive it? Will you drive in the snow? What kind of road conditions do you usually drive on (this can affect what kind of tires you put on it or how low you make the car, for example)?

Try your best to think things through before you make a purchase you regret.
Thanks for tips everyone, lowering it isn't really an option, unless it's about an inch or so and that really isn't worth $1,000... At all.

I appreciate the time you took with your post specifically NOFX, i'll be giving these things some thought before I start purchasing. Thanks all =)

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you dont have to spend $1000 on suspension. you can get some decent lowering springs and shocks for less than $600. if you install them yourself (recommended) you'll save a bundle too

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There's nothing like buying all the s**t people tell you to buy only to find out you hate feeling like you're dragging your ass down the highway sounding like an obnoxious pissed off bee.
Hilarity!

A good security system is definitely a must. So many cars are being stolen that it isn't worth putting money towards anything else until you've got the security system to protect it. Especially once you start modifying and adding s**t on, people will take more notice.

Once you've got that squared away I would begin looking into lowering the car. A lower center of gravity and stiffer suspension setup is going to give you better overall performance. Better handling, response, and feel.

lightpost08

5+ Year Member
first thing to do? I like to mix 3 oz of Vtec fluid into my gas tank at every fill up. Because of that, I beat a Corvette ZR1 last week. I beat him by at least 13 car lengths.

other than that, i'd get a security system--as civics get stolen frequently.

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Like everyone has said, security is a must. After that, plan out a lot of the stuff you want before you purchase it. It will save you hassle and money in the long run.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks for tips everyone, lowering it isn't really an option, unless it's about an inch or so and that really isn't worth $1,000... At all.

I appreciate the time you took with your post specifically NOFX, i'll be giving these things some thought before I start purchasing. Thanks all =)
Lowering your car doesn't need to cost that much.

I'm using Tein S-Techs on my '98 EX coupe. They cost about $145 shipped or so.