2000 Si stock stereo? where to find one??

Sprint_2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey guys! im looking to getta 2000 Hatch and want to make an Si conversion. its a DX and i believe the stereo lights up white. i have the cluster, but want to know if anyone has an idea of where to get one? i dont trust ebay...theres a few on there but im afraid they wont provide me with the correct Stereo Code. any suggestions? also, anyone know how to make the climate control switch to Amber? might sounds dumb...i just searched the DIY section but wasnt able to find anything. any help is appreciated!

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
does the CD player need to work? ive got one with the code card. hasn't been used in years but when it got pulled out it was having problems reading some CD's

Sprint_2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just never been a fan of sound systems etc...i love the stock interior look.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sooo... is that a yes or no? pm me if you are interested in the head unit

Sprint_2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah bro i'd like for it to work lol
ive been looking but cant find one. last time i checked, the retail on one from Honda was around $475. thats crazy...

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
post in the WTB. someone that changed out their HU will have one laying around

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
In the trash where they belong.

I am also making an Si replica.

blackman2583

5+ Year Member
i have one it came with my si center piece but i use a pioner radio so you can have it if you cover shipping 20

wfw12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why buy it when you can change your stock one to amber yourself????

just did this to mine lastnight, i've yet to come across someone do this so i though it would give it a try, DIY in progress if anyone is interested
i used a 96-98 since i have a 98 but it should work the same for the 99-00

Sprint_2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so $20 plus shipping bro or how we do this? lol
just send you money thru PayPal or what?
i appreciate it tho man.
send me the info if ya can or lemme know how to do this cu ive never done somethin like this before lol

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good price if it's really $20.

Sprint_2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i prefer the Stock Si look. how the whole Climate Control and knobs light up Amber. i know im just looking for the Stereo right now, but hey its a start. it would be easier to use the stock one and buy the Si amber comdom but those are impossible to find. ive looked and looked :(

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
uh, the bulbs are easy to get?

The cd player though, is MUCH easier to just change out.

Sprint_2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i'd rather get the OEM Si one. i dunno call me crazy but i would choose the stock si stereo over one that flips out, has a DVD, is touch screen, has GPS, bluetooth and all that stuff. if i had one, and it cost me $800 i would gladly trade it for a stock Si stereo. i dunno thats just me, but i think it gives it a unique look. You never see an EK HatchBack with Si interior and lighting. If anyone has one, as well it has the original Stereo Code, and for a reasonable price, i would gladly take it off your hands! :D

JAYYS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
does the CD player need to work? ive got one with the code card. hasn't been used in years but when it got pulled out it was having problems reading some CD's
mugenkid since ur cd doesnt work u wanna sell me the little plastic clip on the bak of the headunit i lost mine and i need it to play cds pm me if yes