2001 Civic Lx 4-door

JLB1615

5+ Year Member
Ok so I am currently thinking about saving up all my money to put a new engine and 5 speed or 6 in my car. I can't really decide on what I should get but I was thinking either the k20a3 which would just make my civic an si a k20a2 for a little more power. Or going in a different direction and going with a h22 and try boosting it like a btch. I would also like to know where should I get my engine and tranny. Someone that lives down the road said he bought his h22 and 5 speed for 600 but that seemed crazy. If I could get some feedback I would love the help! Thank you all so much!

Here are some Pics of what I am working with its a crappy d17a1 engine so.. eh idk

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/JLB1615/2001 civic lx/

Last edited:

Liquidice944

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
K-series no question. K-series and Boost. Look into the Kpro as well.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
H22 would be a silly swap when the K-series drops right in with little fuss.

JLB1615

5+ Year Member
yeah I just found out that he has an accord too so that may play a role. Ok so now that I know K-seris which one k20a3 or the a2?

Also my parents had an element and I just found out my sister wrecked their car.. So is there anyway I could take their engine out and drop it in mine its a k24 I belive but has less power than the RSX-S

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Element has a K24A4 and runs around 160hp and 165ft lbs torque, not a bad engine at all and yes it will drop in like any other K-series.

JLB1615

5+ Year Member
Hell yeah well i may just do that.. I mean its better than the engine I have.. The only problem is its an automatic. I want to try to get a 5 speed.. but i just want a bigger engine at this point does anyone know how much boost I would get out of this engine and how much psi i could run it at?

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you switch to a 5-speed (or 6-speed) you can put around 300hp to the wheels without touching the engine internals. The automatic won't take the abuse.

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The one weakness of the K24 are the rods, replace those and you can really push some boost.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn....I was hoping for the H22 swaped 7th Gen. :lol: :lol:

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol

Here's a guys build list with a K24A4 block and K20A2 head
Engine:
k24a4 block
Weisco 9:1 pistons
Import Builder rods
RS sleaved 89mm
Blueprinted
New OEM bearings and crank rebalance
k20a2 head
cometic head gasket
ARP head studs

Fuel System:
BDL fuel rail
BDL FPR
Earl's 8an feed, -6an return braided lines
Earl's fittings
Marshall 0-100 psi FPG

Other:
4 innovative 75a mounts
True 3in custom exhaust

433whp & 316wtq @ 12psi
pump 93

There's a long list of guys on clubrsx running over 400hp on stock internal K20A2's.

JLB1615

5+ Year Member
Yeah see and now my parents are saying that if i give my civic to my sister they will help put the full value of my car to the price of whatever car I want.. So I am kind of in a pickle haha.. I now want to get an rsx-s so I will already have my k20a2 engine haha and then just boost that when I get the money. Let me know what you guys think about it.