2003 Ex Drl??

dobbs

5+ Year Member
Ive been trying to disable im DRL for the longest time now.. and still havent found the answer... ive pulled the fuses under the dash.. the 7.5 and also the 10 and neither one disabled them... it is a canadian model so it was a mandatory option.. idk if i just need to cut one wire or just pull the relay??? any feedback would be helpful..

thanks,
dobbs

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why does it matter?

dobbs

5+ Year Member
Why does it matter?

I have the LED headlight assembly and the LED's are hooked into the parking lights so id like to have the parking lights and the LED's "on" when the headlights are off... so i need to disable the DRL to make that happen!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Im pretty sure that if the DRL were mandatory in your area, it might be a better idea to just leave them be ;)

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Okay sorry I misread what you posted. I would NOT recommend cutting the wire, it will more than likely cause some major electrical problems down the line.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the LED headlight assembly and the LED's are hooked into the parking lights so id like to have the parking lights and the LED's "on" when the headlights are off... so i need to disable the DRL to make that happen!
Hmmm, dunno then. Find a schematic for the wiring and find the relay that triggers the DRLs. Don't just go clipping wires.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did you check the manual and fuse diagrams to see what controls the DRLs?

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Take out your drl bulbs=)
But Drl fuses are under the drivers dash, in the lower mid section of fuses.

crash910

5+ Year Member
Your DRLs come on when the parking brake is disengaged. so find that little switch in there that turns them on and make it stay engaged so the car will think that the parking brake is still on and therefore the DRLs wont turn on...

*edit* the switch is probably in where the lever is located in the center console... ive been meaning to take a look cause i wanted to see if i could do it myself...

nyghtryder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
7thgenhonda.com has a diy on it, mya take a little searching to find but its there.