2005 civic ex

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
im trying to get a lip and fog lights i searched on ebay but the fog lights look a lil gay ,the ones i bought from my ej7 were depo and they were pretty good am trying to look for depo for my em2 but i cant find none .any help woul be appreciated

psd;How come this ex has less horsepower than a 1998 ex wtf i thought it was faster ( Actually it feels a lot faster
how much did the 98 have?

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
actually the 01 -05 civic EX has the highest power rating out of all D series. its just a 3000 pound car that kills it. also the EX is a gas sipper just like the HX was. i got 40MPG with my EX..before it was turbo. i still get like 30-32 on average. but i run premium too. boost is like no other in this car. but i must say. if you got the money...do it right. dont run out and buy the HKS log manifold just cause its HKS. you will lose your AC and PS....which in this car doesnt matter if its there or not youll be the same. i still have my AC and my PS and i make 240 WHP. im not complaining at all. so ok when i run the AC yea i lose power. but who gives a f**k. im still makin more than any production civic out there. including the new SI. if i need the power...i turn the s**t off and roll the window down. its not hard. but seriously. if you got the money..do it right. i did it right with one exception. i didnt buy a better management system. i stuck with the Emanage even though i was told not to. so you know what...ive learned from my mistake and im gonna run Kpro next. i just gotta dig up the 1100 bux that it cost. at the rate im goin at the moment...itll be a long while for that. and BTW im running a full Dezod kit at 12PSI pushin 240 WHP and 218 LBFT/TQ

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
where can i get my fog lights like the ones i got for my Ej7 ( DEPO) and also where can i get a lip

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
7th gen is fastest civic ever.. until they came out with the SI and the 8th gens haha

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dude if you dont want turbo or built internals, i recommend getting a basic i/h/e system.. it helps alot more than you expect. i got i/h/e + cams and im able to beat SOME mustangs.. but then again thats half the cost of a turbo

JeShUa

Keepin` it phresh
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm a little leery as to why you got a 7th gen. How much was your OTD price? The only reason I knock it is because of the dealer markup on a car a few years old. Congrats on the purchase.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i was confused because in kbb it says it only have 117 horsepoiwer but in other forums it says 127
they were probably talking about the other models, EX model is 127hp.. 97whp .. low numbers but it out performs all older model civics, even the 98-00 civic si coupes, until it hits 3rd then youll be left in the dust.. but its not all that bad having the 7th gen. youll soon love it as time goes by, its a pretty fun car to drive once you get a little modd, cams etc..

JeShUa

Keepin` it phresh
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow @ 97whp. Huge restrictions somewhere. I cant wait till some engine management and whatnot come out for the 8th gen so I can have some goodies and still not have to worry about a bubble gum manifold :].

NSZteg

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The 05 EX has 7 more lb/ft of TQ than the 98 EX, and it hits that peak TQ 700 RPM's earlier in the RPM range, that's probably what you feel. Peak HP's the same but it comes 300 RPM sooner in the 05. I just bought an '05 EX coupe myself, I love it and plan on having it for a long time!

JeShUa

Keepin` it phresh
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why not get an 8th gen! :].. I'm bias against 7th gens even though my sister has one.. but I sure want an em1 :].. yum.

NSZteg

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For the price dealerships want for 7th gens, might as well get a brand new 8th gen for a couple G's more if you ask me. I got mine at a Volvo dealership, but they were selling it on cosignment. They had been trying to sell it since last fall so the price was down quite a ways, I got mine for $14,100 w/34K on it. And on the other end, I got them to give me $3,000 for my 99 Sentra GXE with 96K and multiple mechanical issues.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i retail on my 05 was 15999 but i talked them down to 12g with only 12k miles on it =) and its special edition =)

JeShUa

Keepin` it phresh
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
For the price dealerships want for 7th gens, might as well get a brand new 8th gen for a couple G's more if you ask me. I got mine at a Volvo dealership, but they were selling it on cosignment. They had been trying to sell it since last fall so the price was down quite a ways, I got mine for $14,100 w/34K on it. And on the other end, I got them to give me $3,000 for my 99 Sentra GXE with 96K and multiple mechanical issues.
My post got lost somewhere :$. I paid 16,7k+TTL for my 8th gen w/ 250 miles on it (broker drove it here from a dealer). Came out to 18.3 when demand was HIGH!! My friend just got an 8th gen for 16k OTD!!.. and a 8th gen LX is IMO a 7th gen EX..
Do the 7th gen EX' come with rear discs? Enough of me talking about 8th gens.. thats not what this thread is about :o.. but yeah.. if it was more like 10-12k it'd be worth it.. you can get like an 03 Type S for 12-14k :o.. I wouldnt care about insurance for paying that for that kind of quality ;].