2005 LX: Opinions?

Sophiel

5+ Year Member
So I've decided I want something a little newer (and not in need of so much body work.). I test drove a '05 LX today. Sedan, automatic, doesn't seem to bad.

So I want to know, what's the general opinon on this car? Anything I should watch out for?

And yes I already know, no lollv-tec.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You should watch out for it being being too slow. lol

what are you going to use this car for? Daily commuter?

are you getting some kind of deal?

rezon

5+ Year Member
the newest civics are geting slower and slower, unless you go for the 2007 SI, and new type R, if you can find one. If your getting the car for looks or future mods, it really doesnt have to many options yet. I personally don't like the tailights, and really it's a grocery getting car... none of this is to deter you thought you asked for an opinion and this is just mine.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
if your going to buy a 7th gen, you need to ATLEAST get a stick...the car will seem WAY too slow if its auto lol

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
slower than dog s**t. very poor braking system. Highly reccommended to upgrade. Horrible interior if you get the ivory. high amount of owners with front engine mounts breaking. as well as very poor for a turbo setup. Max you may get without blowing it up would be 8psi with the stock engine.

Sophiel

5+ Year Member
what are you going to use this car for? Daily commuter?
Basically just a dainly commuter. Not too many plans for mods since I'll be going to classes and work with it.

As far as mods go, might just do something simple. Intake/exhaust and maybe minor tweaks to it looks wise.
If I do decide to go with it, any recommendations as far as mods?

none of this is to deter you thought you asked for an opinion and this is just mine.
The honesty is appreciated though. Thanks.

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you decide to mod at all definitly a cai or atleast swap out the stock filter with a K&N this will help improve milage as well as some added hp. a warning though 2005 has less options than the 01-03 did because of the difference in the front and back.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the car is just fine for daily commuting, but since you have some plans for modification, then you might wanna look for an EX or a Manual 7th gen.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
honestly, id just save up and get the si. You'll be thankful you did later on. Even if its just a commuter, IMO its worth the extra.

Sophiel

5+ Year Member
honestly, id just save up and get the si. You'll be thankful you did later on. Even if its just a commuter, IMO its worth the extra.
I considered that for awhile, but the problem is that in my area those are very hard to come by. (Dealership actually just sold one the day before :/ )

the car will seem WAY too slow if its auto lol
I'm sure the other Civic Hybrid would have been a monster on the street. :P

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My sister has the same car but it's grey. For a daily commuter thats good on gas, it's a great car. Its what civics were made for after all. Nice pickup man.

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, enjoy the ride:lol: Join the low-slow club.