2006 LX Sedan Upgrades...

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright guys (and girls) I'm about to procure a 2006 LX Sedan, as the title states, and I'd like to know where to start.

It's going to be a "family car" so K series and turbos are out of the question.
I've read that I can add Si swaybars pretty cheap, so I'll probably do that first, but how do yall feel about the HPF suspension upgrade?

Backstory; my mother bought the car brand new off the lot when I was working at the local dealer, I got her a decent discount, and added a wing and aux input, nothing major, but enough to make it enjoyable.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The r18 doesnt respond too great to small bolt ons unless you get a reflash but still might not be worth it. I just focused on the looks and kept the motor healthy and reliable.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea, I wasn't planning on any engine work, it's an automatic so other than a drop in filler it's staying stock.

You got any suspension advice?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I guess it really depends on the look you want and your budget. I have neuspeed race springs on mine which drop the front and rear 2 inches. Over at 8thgencivic.com they have a thread showing how a car will look with different suspension set ups.

Be careful with oiled filters. Actually..stay away from them just to be safe.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No need, it has an aux input. I will eventually upgrade the speakers though.

08EX

f**kin' loud
I have an r18. If you don't want turbo get a good suspension and some nice wheels and a cold air intake or something...

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been looking at suspension setups, can't decide on one though, seeing as my budget is relatively non existent, I'll probably end up piecing something together, as time and finances allow.

This is the plan so far;
Springs, camber kit and alignment.

Si swaybars.

Aftermarket shocks /struts, and alignment.

And finally a nice set of wheels/tires.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welp, mom backed out so I'm stuck with the EM2 for a while. Guess I'll clean it up and do some maintenance. Timing belt, brakes, and an alignment to name a few things.
Sigh.