2006 Si problems : (

yl06si

5+ Year Member
So i pretty much already know i need a new clutch i can feel it slipping and it barley catches by the time its all the way released but what concerns me now is that when in gear i give the car gas instead of the power going to the wheels and making me move my car will just rev...I first started to notice it when on the freeway when i would accelerate in 6th gear it would rev high and barely go now it dose that in 3rd as well dose this have anything to do with the clutch or do you think this is a seperate problem all together

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your clutch is gone. its tha same problem. not gripping anymore.

yl06si

5+ Year Member
Hey thanks glad to know its the same problem but still pissed about needing a new clutch though i did learn how to drive a standard with this car so im not too surprised...at least ill have a brand new clutch : )

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wear and tear parts are not covered under warranty. but its always worth a try.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you already ruined a clutch on an 06? lol..let us know about that warranty

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, well they have a certian warranty like brake pads are 10k or something like that

yl06si

5+ Year Member
Yeah ill check about the waranty later this week when i take it in but its got 36,000 miles not that much at all but like i said i learned to drive on that car and the first winter i had it was not fun trying to get traction in the snow so there was a lot of me ridding the clutch and a few accidental starts from third at like stop signs where i just forgot to put it back into first but in the past year and a half iv been fine with the car and i have everything down now but that first year could have been just too much for it idk...anyways it sucks but ill be happy to have a brand new clutch

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah ill check about the waranty later this week when i take it in but its got 36,000 miles not that much at all but like i said i learned to drive on that car and the first winter i had it was not fun trying to get traction in the snow so there was a lot of me ridding the clutch and a few accidental starts from third at like stop signs where i just forgot to put it back into first but in the past year and a half iv been fine with the car and i have everything down now but that first year could have been just too much for it idk...anyways it sucks but ill be happy to have a brand new clutch
It's all good. The price of learning to drive on an awesome car.

Stock replacement or upgrade?
B

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The warranty will absolutely not cover a clutch. When we bought our 08 Si they were very clear that the clutch is a wearable item and not covered by warranty.

yl06si

5+ Year Member
Have not really thought about the replacement clutch yet if i were to upgrade it what would be a good one to get if anyone has any links that would be nice and yes it was a nice car to learn on i had a 92 prelude that i learend the basics on but it got stollen two months after i started driving so it was also wiered going from s**t to awesome clutch wise so that messed me up a little as well but if any one has any ideas on a better clutch than the stock one please let me know

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
depends on who you talk to. i got my steering wheel replaced at 31k miles because it was showing wear. if you have like 3 k miles or something silly like that they might check it out and do something for you

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah that would ruin your clutch for sure lol

jpcrash

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u burned through a clutch with less then 36k miles. wow. Well you need a clutch cause it'll start putting wear on your tranny.

Stick with an OEM clutch

yl06si

5+ Year Member
Yeah thats what im thinking is to stay with a stock clutch i took it to the dealership and they said 1,000$ to replace with install and everything so hopefully it will be just like new when i get it back