2007 Civic Lx Muffler to 99 Civic Ex Will It Fit?

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a custom catback exhaust on my 99 civic ex coupe. It consists of a magnaflow high flow cat, followed by 2.25 in. piping, with a resonator, then an Apexi ws2 muffler. Its a little louder than I would like. Would the 2007 civic lx muffler fit my car? Would it bring the noise down, or should I try to get a cat that isn't high flow?
Thanks

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you could make it fit but it won't bolt right up. It would certainly bring the noise down but the WS2 is a pretty quiet muffler to begin with, might not be your problem.

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks. Do you think it could be the cat? Also would it be bad to go from the 2.25 in piping back into that muffler with the smaller inlet?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It certainly could be the cat, how old is it? Have you checked for exhaust leaks?

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The cat is probably about a year old maybe a year and a half. Yeah they've checked for leaks.

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, I went to the shop today, they made the muffler fit, and it is quieter. Probably would help to have the cat replaced too, but its good enough for now.
Thanks for your help.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cool, how does it look on there?

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It fits great after they modified the inlet. they had to put a new outlet on it since the one that was on there was angled. I had them add a tip too. It looks good. Small in comparison to the Apexi, but good.