2008 Civic LX having issues, need advice

mastertwitchy

5+ Year Member
So, as stated above I have a 2008 1.8L Civic LX auto, that I've been having issues. To give a bit of back story, I was in an accident in Jan 09 that caused damage the front Right section of my car, requiring the body and tire area to be replaced and corrected. The place I had the work done was chose by my father the primary on the car. It was a Chevy GMC Dealer but was honda certified.

My Issues: I've noticed that I had some loss of power, would expect a slight loss cause of accident but it totally felt like it could not decide what to do, so me and my friend here recently had timed my car that usually was around 9.6 to 10secs straight away from 0 to 60mph. Now, it's going about 15-17secs. The steering needs to be aligned and otherwise the car itself is fine, but I haven't figured out why it was causing such a dramatic drop in power?

My friend usually works on cars and had a feeling that perhaps the parts they used to fix the vehicle could be causing the issue or perhaps something else is wrong with the car. I've already replaced my air filter and oil filter on a regular basis. I do take care of my vehicles just at a loss of why this could be occurring.

Any help would be very appreciated. Mileage is also at little over 20k.

CivicSiGuy07

5+ Year Member
Wow yea that is a lil crazy for it to cause that drastic of an effect on your power, i would agree with your friend that some of the parts they used to fix it may have caused you to loose the power you are talking about. I would def take it to Honda and let them look it over to be sure, it could be expensive if something else is wrong, but you want it fixed right, ive been there myself here recently! Its a shitty feeling but def. take it to Honda.