2010 Cali Active Members

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I moved over to D-series.org hahaha. Alot more active, so far i organized one big meet in santa rosa and we had another meet in dublin and we just had a huge meet in fresno.

How's everyone been doing lately? Whats new with you now Scott?

As for me...Man. I am soo close to boosting hahaha. Once I do imma start building a spare block that I have on the side. hoping to net 300whp out of that one at least.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WTF, I live in Santa Rosa! I woulda went!

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
y were you moving to wisconsin?
summer gig, got credits to graduate college at chico state ... been livin all over the place since and havent gotten a decent long term job since graduating

comin to sac tommorow ... most likely buying a 96 xcab silverado 5.7 thats lowered on belltecs.

u been to any of the sac meets in the past? i probably met u before
nah she moved here from washington in 06 i think

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Whats new with you now Scott?
not much just bummin' around in my vanagon. lolz. just surviving basically, dont have the smog job anymore so im scraping by working at a buddy's liquor store.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nah she moved here from washington in 06 i think
ding, ding, 2006 it was.. i went to a couple meets... like... 08 or somethin'... before i got divorced... but there weren't that many of us there. :what:

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not much just bummin' around in my vanagon. lolz. just surviving basically, dont have the smog job anymore so im scraping by working at a buddy's liquor store.
Wow man. What a turn around. That just blows dude. Mind if I ask how you lost the job at the smog shop?

And JR. DUDE, I didnt know you lived in Santa Rosa?. From last I know you were in Redwood City hahaha.
Also, I didnt have your number >_<

nerofotia

n00b
Hopefully it's not thread-jacking if I'm in the SoCal area, even though I'm a n00b to the site and don't know any of the "OGs" here. I was delayed by a few years getting into this, but the more I learn, the more fun it is.

Do people even do meets like they used to? I know riders still do, but gas is pricey, even when you're putting it in a sipper.

Is it my lack of knowledge & experience that's making it hard for me to find certain things I want for my car, or is it just that I don't really know anyone in the know just yet?

Wish I coulda been one of the cool kids when the cool kids and I were all still kids.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nope. Not thread jacking. All is welcomed here.

And yes, people still do meets but the lively hood of clubcivic has gone down hahaha. Alot of the older people or older members has gone on with their lives and dont come on anymore.

As for you might not being able to find certain parts...Well it all depends on what kind of parts your looking for. Start out with the site sponsors.

Whats the kind of goals do you have with your car? What is it going to be used for? DD ( Daily Driver ) with a hint of weekend track/road runs?

nerofotia

n00b
Start out with the site sponsors.
Will do, thanks.

Whats the kind of goals do you have with your car? What is it going to be used for? DD ( Daily Driver ) with a hint of weekend track/road runs?
Straight up DD that I want to give my 5-year old son for his 1st car when he's old enough to drive it.

It's basically a restoration project + a few minor cosmetic upgrades. (Steelies for alloy, blacked out interior, stereo replacement, minor repairs, and a lot of preventive/cyclic maintenance. That kind of stuff.)

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, if you want it as a DD. Does power matter to you or do you just want it to look nice and handle well?

Alot of the basic first few upgrades that people do would be, lowering the car. Save up a bit and get yourself some quality coilover sets. or if your on a budget but want something nice. Alot of people go with Koni AGX shocks with Ground control springs.

My way of thinking is...always do it right the first time and how i build my car is, ive always wanted a good base to start with and what i did was upgraded most to ALL of my suspension components such as shocks/spring, sway bars, stiffer bushings and so forth, then I went and aimed for better braking power/wheels and tires and now im aiming for power

whats the point of power when you cant control it right? so thats why i went the way i did.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh and I saw that you wanted to buy a short ram intake.

In my honest opinion. Its a waste of money. If you want to add some sort of power. keep the stock intake but buy a K&N re-usable flat air filter. It gives you better flow and of course your still OEM =)

Our little Dseries engine doesnt gain much power at all with the basic bolt ons of an intake, header and catback exhaust system. If you want real power with a Dseries. Im more then gladly to show you the way and of course, on a budget =)

nerofotia

n00b
Oh and I saw that you wanted to buy a short ram intake.

In my honest opinion. Its a waste of money. If you want to add some sort of power. keep the stock intake but buy a K&N re-usable flat air filter. It gives you better flow and of course your still OEM =)

Our little Dseries engine doesnt gain much power at all with the basic bolt ons of an intake, header and catback exhaust system. If you want real power with a Dseries. Im more then gladly to show you the way and of course, on a budget =)
OK...so I'll keep the OEM filter. I'm all about saving money.

I'm probably going to stick with an OEM suspension replacement. Cost effective, and I honestly don't get to speeds any higher than 85; especially now since California's hurting so bad for money. I was going to go polyurethane for bushings and such, but I'm starting to reconsider those as well...the OEM rubber lasted almost 200k miles, and it's fairly low-cost.

I was disappointed to learn that tinted tail lights are illegal in CA. I think those would have looked nice.

Got any A/C experience? That's the current thorn in my side...

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nothing wrong with poly bushings, that last just as long as oem rubber if installed properly and it always give you a quicker response with handling and even acceleration [ engine mounts busying inserts ] Believe me.

A complete night and day difference when I installed my engine mount inserts of course not without sacrificing creature comfort because it cause the chassis to vibrate a little more, to me its well worth it.

As for replacing shocks and springs...Honestly, with a budget, go with KYP AGX and Ground control springs. Im sure you'll like it.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
guess who else bought a toyota

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good lord its dead as hell in here

anyhow, sold my mazda did ok on it, hadnt had a chance to smog it, new buyer took it anyways cause i showed him it just passed in late july

on my toyota so far
added 4% tint rear window, 20% sides, and a sunstrip on the toyota, for you northbay heads check these guys out , great work! http://www.vividopticwindowtinting.com/6701.html
got my 15" sub in the back all wired up that took all day, havent had to run wires on my prev 2 vehicles cause the old owners had systems

plans
alarm w/ keyless later this week or next, gotta go to vacaville again, screw napa and their high prices for stuff
timing belt / water pump replacement. May need valve cover gaskets too

eventually it needs exhaust!

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
id look for some different rims too. those ones on there now are fugly! :P

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hopefully it's not thread-jacking if I'm in the SoCal area, even though I'm a n00b to the site and don't know any of the "OGs" here. I was delayed by a few years getting into this, but the more I learn, the more fun it is.
Same here except I'm in norcal. Just got my civic around last christmas and I only recently decided I wanted to make it sexy but since I work delivering meds for a pharmacy (drivin upwards of 70 miles a day) in it I dont want to do my major goal which is an engine swap just yet. Just trying to see if theres anyone nearby to talk cars with and get advice. I live in the 510 btw