2100 RPM Shudder in 5th Gear?

pathogen

5+ Year Member
Recently I've noticed that if I maintain around 2100 rpms in 5th about 55mph the car shudders. The RPM gauge doesn't remove which makes me think sync rings. Please add your thoughts and how much said repair would be. Or how difficult it would be to replace myself.

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sync rings?.....you mean syncronizer in the trans..that would only make it grind when shifting....if it shutters and you think its the trans...its the gear itself that is chipped or more likely has a chunk missing...i'll try something else..

do you have a Check Engine Light

WillyBigNut

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your cars mad at you for driving at 2100 rpms where it doesn't have any power.:what:

SilentMist

10 psi seems like a dream
5th gear at 2,1000 rpms you have no buisness being in 5th gear at 2,1000 rpms it shuttering maybe because it asking you to downshift into a gear that has more power haha 5th gear is like 3,5000+ rpm range any lower would be like goign from 2 into 5th and crusiing around liek taht hitting the gas it`ll shuttered cause it had barely and power to move the car.

pathogen

5+ Year Member
sync rings?.....you mean syncronizer in the trans..that would only make it grind when shifting....if it shutters and you think its the trans...its the gear itself that is chipped or more likely has a chunk missing...i'll try something else..

do you have a Check Engine Light
Since you're the only sensible response, no cel.
Also I can roll at 1500 rpms in 5th no problem all day. Problem is just when I want to go 55 and not look like a tool.

ThaJokaa

Buildin..???
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
5th gear at 2,1000 rpms you have no buisness being in 5th gear at 2,1000 rpms it shuttering maybe because it asking you to downshift into a gear that has more power haha 5th gear is like 3,5000+ rpm range any lower would be like goign from 2 into 5th and crusiing around liek taht hitting the gas it`ll shuttered cause it had barely and power to move the car.
wut he said man my car dont be doing that though i shift at 2500 all the time and it never does that unless im under 37MPH in 5th then it starts to shutter

pathogen

5+ Year Member
This isn't a low rpm shudder. Anyhow I'll just disco the shift up light and shift around that spot I guess.

*Let thread die.