3 Stage VTACK yo!

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Finally came, got it from Zaib. JDM D15B VTEC will run right now, going from 12 valve to 16 valve to VTEC!!!!

Yeah. That's it...:cool:

silentdaredevil

Its not slow, its lag
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your going to hate that trust me. Im not so sure you can just put that on any head.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That things goofy looking. And I believe he has a JDM D15b Vtec motor in his car.

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
awesomeness. true awesomeness.

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol, I do have a JDM D15B so it's supposed to be running this solenoid.
It will be a lot better too because the 12 valve mode is really only a good mixture until about 3500. Then the power literally flatlines. That plus it's a lot of stress on the head staying in 12valve and then suddenly hitting VTEC. I just need a VAFC now to engage the first solenoid. TOo bad I'm too poor to afford one right now lol.

silentdaredevil

Its not slow, its lag
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i swapped one of these into an EK with a normal VTEC solenoid and it did exactly as you said, power was flat lined around 3500 and then VTEC hit and the thing would scream but still go no where.

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Eh once it hits VTEC it's not bad. But between 3500 and 5500 there is NOTHING. That's where the dual solenoid will kick in and change the head over from 12 valve to 16 valve. Once I get it all on I'll take a vid. Probably a before and after. For fun if anyone cares lol

technoghost

5+ Year Member
97GreenEX did you manage to get it working? I have the same engine but recently my econo mode (12 valves) has stopped working correctly, before i used to be able to drag it nearly to 120kmh but now it won't let me go over 2000rpm and i can't go over ~60kmh, no matter how smooth i do it.

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I need to acquire a VAFC still, just a lil low on funds right now. Within the next week I should get a VAFC2 and will be wiring it all up through that.
technoghost, does your car make a metallic clunking noise?A "knocking" noise? Only thing I can think of is that you threw a rod and that's why your engine has no power....Hopefully I'm wrong...

technoghost

5+ Year Member
I need to acquire a VAFC still, just a lil low on funds right now. Within the next week I should get a VAFC2 and will be wiring it all up through that.
technoghost, does your car make a metallic clunking noise?A "knocking" noise? Only thing I can think of is that you threw a rod and that's why your engine has no power....Hopefully I'm wrong...

duuude you stressed me!

I meant i can't drag it in 12 valves mode (econo light on) up to the normal 120kmh. It still run fines otherwise, just that the econo mode is a bit bonkers lol.

On to your car now, i dont know much about your car, sorry if i'm asking very very obvious questions that everyone else might already know lol. From what i understand you have a JDM D15B swap, do you have the correct ECU for the engine, if yes wouldn't your vtec be kicking in anyway, eco stage 1 stage 2?

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
RIght now I have the ecu for a D16Y8, the engine that was originally in my car. The P2J is a Japanese ECU and would not let me pass emissions if I used it. The ECU I have right now is only 1 stage of VTEC.