4 doors for more...kids Traded the HB for 2 extra doors and a few goodies

Mathieu Leger

Hi I sold the hb and picked this up...

Cruise Control, power locks, A/C, Remote car starter, no power steering (looped hoses on rack)..
Now for the goodies,

Glass fog lights
Short shifter
Koni Yellows with Tein coils
Strut braces fr and rr.
Teg front seats
BOH and Type-R grill
Red clear tailights
D16y7 with intake and header, 2 '' exhaust all the way back with an oval muffler, not too loud.
Acura 14'' 5 spokes with summers

A few little repairs to do as well as some rust, but I'm not fixing the rust, car is solid as is.

Header has no bung for a 2nd O2 sensor so I have a CEL.
Short shifter knob threads are stripped

Future plans.

Swap in a D16y8 or a B18b with LS tranny

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice pickup! The catalytic converter must have been replaced at some point, with those models the secondary o2 bung is right on the cat itself.

Same car I had, same color (just an LX in the states)... Swap in a B18b! That's what I did, it makes the car so much more fun to drive. I'm actually surprised at how nice that car in terms of not having much visible rust at all.

In for updates on this! :thumbs up

Mathieu Leger

Nice pickup! The catalytic converter must have been replaced at some point, with those models the secondary o2 bung is right on the cat itself.

Same car I had, same color (just an LX in the states)... Swap in a B18b! That's what I did, it makes the car so much more fun to drive. I'm actually surprised at how nice that car in terms of not having much visible rust at all.

In for updates on this! :thumbs up
Thanks
It's actually an aftermarket header for a D16y7 so no hole for the O2 sensor is what the PO told me. Not sure if I am going to have one welded in or go the Spark plug non-fouler route. If I do install a spark plug non fouler do I still have to have a bung welded and screw it in or do I just leave the sensor in the engine bay?

I am going to look at a B18b or a B20, depending on what parts come up used in my area

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks
It's actually an aftermarket header for a D16y7 so no hole for the O2 sensor is what the PO told me. Not sure if I am going to have one welded in or go the Spark plug non-fouler route. If I do install a spark plug non fouler do I still have to have a bung welded and screw it in or do I just leave the sensor in the engine bay?

I am going to look at a B18b or a B20, depending on what parts come up used in my area
Ah, yep that makes sense. You'll still need it welded on and in the exhaust because it still needs to get some feedback. The idea is just to push the sensor further away from the main stream of exhaust flow. Really it just tricks the ECU into the thinking the cat is still there, but in reality it's just reading a bit cleaner because it's not directly in your exhaust.

Mathieu Leger

So I bought a few parts today

05 Hubcaps for the winters
a dual bend Integra shifter to replace the stripped threads one
A dual gauge cluster bezel for when I swap to have a Oil temp and Oil pressure gauge

Two questions... For the shifter I read somewhere that people are using the linkage part that holds the shifter from an Integra mixed with the Civic other half to make this work? Any truth to this... I'm not keen on cutting the shifter.

Other question is I would run the Oil temp off a sandwich plate on the oil filter (Let's say I get electric gauges...) and the oil temp by tapping into the oil pan lowest point is that right?

TIA