$500 for a J32a1 good? Whats the average market value you guys see?

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
There is someone semi local to me selling a 2001 J32a1 from and Acura TL. He's an older guy that had the motor and trans pulled for shifting problems and installed a brand new motor/trans. No pics yet. $500 is what he wants. I've never dealt with this motor and havent done TOO much research but Id like to hear your guys thoughts. Money isnt a problem, finding a car to put it in isnt a problem, I just dont know if it'd be a waste of time or not being that it's the weaker J. As you guys know, im limited to what i can find up here so really I dont think itd be much of a gamble to try and use it some how. Maybe get a manual trans shipped to me from the 48 and then stuff into one of my hatches (Wagon?)?...

Thoughts??

Sitting in the airport headed to the arctic circle so excuse my spelling or grammer errors. I hate typing long posts on my phone...bitches :thumbs up

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
if you can diagnose the auto trans issue and do an auto swap j for now that is a hell of a deal. Finding a good manual trans for those is very hard even down in the lower 48. At least the car will already be 85% done when you do find one