5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey guys does a 5th gen coilover kit with struts and coilovers fit on a 6th gen

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know the coilovers do but as for the struts I'm not too sure, search for struts for a 5th gen and see if the application works for a 6th gen to.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
springs- yes, shocks no. the front shocks i belive are the same, but the rear struts are different and are not compatable.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
shocks dont work, except front. rears dont. but coils and spring are compatible from like 89-01 i think or 00. i cant remember. al ur concerned about is 96-00 right? 92-95 coils will work on a 6th gen. damn, i finally got it out.

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
handlebarsfsr said:
springs- yes, shocks no. the front shocks i belive are the same, but the rear struts are different and are not compatable.
The 5th-gen rear shocks can work with 6th-gen with modifications (washers or spacer). The 5th gen rear LCAs are a lil bigger where the mounting of the shock is compared to 6th gen. So you can fit 5th-gen shocks onto 6th-gen if you're willing to run washers or spacer to compensate for that extra width. Running the risk of your suspension with washers/space is your gamble.

Err... except for rear ITR shocks, the other 3rd-gen Integra shocks is a direct swap for 5th-gen Civics.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
having to run spacers that have a nasty tendancy of breaking is not my idea of compatability.

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
handlebarsfsr said:
having to run spacers that have a nasty tendancy of breaking is not my idea of compatability.
yeah, especially when it comes to suspension, I don't want anything there that wasn't made to be there.