ej1boy95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do they make cluster gauge pods like they do for the 6th Gen. ? i

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its all good lol, but what most people do is just delete a pocket or get a block off plate, cut holes into it them mount the gauges in there

ej1boy95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its all good lol, but what most people do is just delete a pocket or get a block off plate, cut holes into it them mount the gauges in there
im not sure what u mean by deleting a pocket or get a block off plate. do u mean they cut holes right there where the ignition is ?

ej1boy95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no no no ur center console with the climate control and everything
ohhhhhh ok now i under stand. i need my air and heat and i def. need music. lol
but someone told me that the pillar pods are rice. im still trying to figure out why.

ketadotdot

aka babymilo36
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alot of people now prefer to have a clean look in their car meaning keeping everything looking oem as possible. pillar pods might be too flashy. you can try searching around because i know at least defi makes din gauges

ej1boy95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alot of people now prefer to have a clean look in their car meaning keeping everything looking oem as possible. pillar pods might be too flashy. you can try searching around because i know at least defi makes din gauges
but what if i want to keep my a/c and heat and music. where else am i suppose to put my gauges ?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can pick up an audio console. That gives you a few options 1) put the gauges down there in one of the spots, 2) move your stereo head unit down there and put the gauges where the unit was, 3) move the stereo and climate controls down there and put the gauges where the climate controls were, 4) move the just climate controls down there and put the gauges in their old hole... get creative.

I picked one up and moved my head unit down there with the intention of putting gauges in the old head unit spot. No go for me though as I have a flip out screen and it was hitting the console. What I did was move the deck back up to it's original spot and relocated the climate controls down to the audio console. I put carbon panel in the climate control hole and will cut some spots for gauges in the future.

For now I have the extra gauges in the pillar and I am seriously thinking of getting rid of the white dash gauges. I am not really liking them too much. Not high on my to do list right now though.

ej1boy95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can pick up an audio console. That gives you a few options 1) put the gauges down there in one of the spots, 2) move your stereo head unit down there and put the gauges where the unit was, 3) move the stereo and climate controls down there and put the gauges where the climate controls were, 4) move the just climate controls down there and put the gauges in their old hole... get creative.

I picked one up and moved my head unit down there with the intention of putting gauges in the old head unit spot. No go for me though as I have a flip out screen and it was hitting the console. What I did was move the deck back up to it's original spot and relocated the climate controls down to the audio console. I put carbon panel in the climate control hole and will cut some spots for gauges in the future.

For now I have the extra gauges in the pillar and I am seriously thinking of getting rid of the white dash gauges. I am not really liking them too much. Not high on my to do list right now though.

hey thanks alot =) i will keep all this in mind

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not a problem. When you get down to it, if you have any questions I can do my best to try and answer them. Moving the ac controls was a pain in the @$$ but it was worth it to me. There is a few minor things that I need to fix in the near future. 1 was the cable for the hot/cold selector. It was too harsh of an angle when moved down there and it wouldn't function correctly. I am going to have to make a new one. The other problem is that it sticks out just a hair on the audio console. I just need to get some more of the shell cut out for it to fit better. That part doesn't bug me as much though because you can't really tell when it is all in and mounted. Just an OCD thing.

Also cutting out the piece for the old ac control hole was a pain. A lot of trial and error. Cut, check, cut, check... I don't have any pics of it on my camera yet. If you want one I will snap one off tomorrow.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That is very true. On the same note so does the guys that have their stereos cranked up loud showing everyone around them that there is an aftermarket system in the car.

With these cars there isn't much that doesn't say "steal me". Hell, people steal these completely stock.

You are right though. They do stick out more than a lot of the rest of the stuff. I am not too worried at the moment. It is garaged all the time with the exception of being at the store or a friends house during the day.