5th gen speakers?

mycarisslow

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know that the front speaker for the 5th gen are smaller then 6.5". they are more like 6". How did you other 5th gen-ers manage to fit speakers in there? Also, it is quite shallow in there. Does anyone have speaker recommendations that fit well with little to no modification? Also I have the premium sound in my 5th gen. I was wondering, how do you take off the tweeters? Is it simply pop-off? Or do you have to remove the door panel? Thanks.

fgraciano1980

keepin' it clean!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mycarisslow said:
I know that the front speaker for the 5th gen are smaller then 6.5". they are more like 6". How did you other 5th gen-ers manage to fit speakers in there? Also, it is quite shallow in there. Does anyone have speaker recommendations that fit well with little to no modification? Also I have the premium sound in my 5th gen. I was wondering, how do you take off the tweeters? Is it simply pop-off? Or do you have to remove the door panel? Thanks.
I have a 95 Civic EX, and the speakers are 6.5" all around. DId someone else tell you they were 6"? I put Pioneer TS-G1640R in my car with no mods made to fit them in the front. Nice fit and great sound IMO.

With the tweeters, you have to remove the door panel and unscrew them. It's pretty self explanatory when you take out the door panel. I put in Pioneer TS-T110 and they fit like a charm. No mods needed to put the tweeters. In fact it looks as if Pioneer intended to have these speakers made for 5th gen Civics cuz everything seems to fit right in, if you look inside my car I have the clean stock speaker look, but with aftermarket speakers.

mycarisslow

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hm, actually, i took the front speakers out and measured them. They didnt quite measure up to 6.5".

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go to crutchfield.com and enter your vehicle info, it will tell you what the size is and what fits with what modifications neccessary....

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fgraciano1980 said:
I have a 95 Civic EX, and the speakers are 6.5" all around. DId someone else tell you they were 6"? I put Pioneer TS-G1640R in my car with no mods made to fit them in the front. Nice fit and great sound IMO.

With the tweeters, you have to remove the door panel and unscrew them. It's pretty self explanatory when you take out the door panel. I put in Pioneer TS-T110 and they fit like a charm. No mods needed to put the tweeters. In fact it looks as if Pioneer intended to have these speakers made for 5th gen Civics cuz everything seems to fit right in, if you look inside my car I have the clean stock speaker look, but with aftermarket speakers.

:werd: Polk GXR6 screwed right in. I did have to cut the back of the plastic mount off to allow for the larger magnets on the Polks as opposed to that factory Pioneer crap but that took 20 seconds and a hacksaw.

Maybe the EXs have 6.5 and the DX/LX have smaller speakers?

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
na man my dx is all 6.5, you can fit anything as small as a 5.25 in there, but they are made for 6.5s

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay, I dunno' why then. Just some 5th gens have smaller door speakers than others I guess. Maybe USA made Civics have teh smaller speakers?

1st digit in muh EH9's VIN=J

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
only some 6.5's will fit b/c of depth. some speakers will hit the window, but my pioneer 6.5s work well.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bangin' HB said:
only some 6.5's will fit b/c of depth. some speakers will hit the window, but my pioneer 6.5s work well.
They cant be too deep of mounting depth thats all.. like i said, go to Crutchfield.com, they willtell you exactly what fits...... =)

ClemsonCiv

Hot Chicks Rock!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:werd: 6.5's fit all around in my car and if theyre too deep just do what Beelzebubba said and cut the back out of the speaker holder

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my speakers are too deep so i just simply made a ring outta wood and it brought out the speaker enough to mount up

fgraciano1980

keepin' it clean!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mycarisslow said:
i have the premium sound thing? maybe that's why?
Nah, I have the Premium sound system too. I'm pretty sure you're speakers are 6.5" all around.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I looked it up on my Omega software and did an update and checked it again. It says they are 6.5s. 3rd gen sedans had 5.25s unless it was a DX which had 6.5s but fifth gens? says nothing but 6.5.

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
in my EG i have 6 1/4 in the front, and 6 1/2 in the back.

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I plan on putting some new ones in too. The Q-Form kick panels look interesting. You coudl avoid mounting problems if you just got some of those. too bad the dx only have the two front speakers

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, this thread falls 30 yards short of making any sense....was it started just to tell us your speaker size? because the title seams to imply that you have a question

Reallynicecivic

Trance = Reallynicecivic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
haha, this thread falls 30 yards short of making any sense....was it started just to tell us your speaker size? because the title seams to imply that you have a question
I agree. :wstupid: