5th gen speakers?

mycarisslow

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol i meant to ask/question my measurements becuase everyone keeps saying different sizes.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mycarisslow said:
I know that the front speaker for the 5th gen are smaller then 6.5". they are more like 6". How did you other 5th gen-ers manage to fit speakers in there? Also, it is quite shallow in there. Does anyone have speaker recommendations that fit well with little to no modification? Also I have the premium sound in my 5th gen. I was wondering, how do you take off the tweeters? Is it simply pop-off? Or do you have to remove the door panel? Thanks.
Go to Crutchfield.com and enter in your vehicle, it will show u your measurements and what fits (well what fits in thier cataloge).

I dont remember what the measurements are off the top of my head. But yeah civic doors need relatively shallow speakers in the doors (and the tweets in the doors of Si's)

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
On crutchfield it also says that I need to modify the speaker space aka cut some s**t out. I wan tto pu tin the new Alipine Type-R or Type-S component sets. Did everyone have to cut out stuff from their speaker area to fit am speakers? The guys at my stereo place said I'd be better off spending 150 for Qforms.