5th gen to 4th gen swap info

91Spoon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont know if this is posted already in the forums somwhere but My friend has a 94 civic si and he is getting a b-series swap. Hes gonna sell me his motor and everything, as in ecu, harness etc.... I was wondering if i have to do any major modification or not. When i look at his motor and then i look at mine i notice there isnt a front tranny mount and his side motor mount looks like it is a little more forward then mine. Im not swaping the A/C or the power steering so that is a little less to do. I would appreciate any info thanx

EmceeRolla

REV-LINE Performance
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why would u put a single cam zc in ur car??? old si have single cam zc unless u have a dx then i would go for it but if u have a ex why u will just loose alot of power so dont do it if u have a ex only a dx and it should go right in but the obd diff is gonna change so it might run like s**t just make u sure u use the old harness and plugg everything right and dont do it quick take ur time

91Spoon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanx i found like 5 pages on how to do the swap step by step. I do have a DX its slower than hell!! i figured dropping in the SOHC VTEC would through some power in it. ANd for only 300 bucks. Its coming with ecu, wiring harness, motor, axels everything. But i have to use my tranny because of the mounts and i have to buy a VTEC selenoid or something and there is little mods i have to do. My car runs aproximately 20's right know with the swap maybe ill hit a 16 so im happy thanx for the info
peace

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
EmceeRolla said:
why would u put a single cam zc in ur car??? old si have single cam zc unless u have a dx then i would go for it but if u have a ex why u will just loose alot of power so dont do it if u have a ex only a dx and it should go right in but the obd diff is gonna change so it might run like s**t just make u sure u use the old harness and plugg everything right and dont do it quick take ur time
what the hell are ya talking about, 94 ex does not a hav e azc in it, no U.S. honda has ever had a zc in it unless it's been swapped in by the cars owner, that's including old si's, which do not have have a zc from factory in the U.S. as i already mentioned, he has a 91 civic dx, which can easly accept the 94 ex d16z6 motor, with nothing more then a harness change and a fuel injector resistor box, and the proper ecu.

also he can look it the 4g section here and look under the sticky labeled 4th gen swap info, where he can learn and get all the info he needs to swap whatever motor he wants.