Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks good!! Bay color looks much better :thumbs up

68Camaro

Respected
Alright it's been a hot minute since I've been on here. But so much s**t going on between my camaro and this heap . I'll catch y'all up to speed real fast :

so this fixed so much s**t. They had a automatic wiring harness and ecu in the car .so all my gauges work now . (Finally) and I had to get a new speed sensor . Now I'm tacking all the check engine codes . Multiple ones that are gonna be a total pita. Electrical load, oil pressure switch ( tried a new sensor and it did nothing ) , and another I can't remember . So currently still no vtec . But recently I've been tackling swapping trannies . If you look back I mentioned picking up a spare 99 ex motor and tranny for 150. The tranny in the car is junk beyond belief . Locked out of so many gears . Can't down shift at all( synchros are totally shot ) . So I decided I figured there is no way this will take more than a weekend. Boy was I wrong . This isn't a very complicated job. But the kids before me had no idea what they were doing . And everything is seized up . Between stripped blocks , and seized b***h pins it's being a hastle .not to mention a stripped rear trans bracket bolt. So slowly it's coming out more and more . Can't wait till this damn job is done . Trying to decide if I want to use this clutch or not ( one in the car seems pretty shot )
I fought this damn b***h pin for 4 hours , between heating it up and pounding the hell out of it I still could not get it so I'm dropping the shift linkage with the tranny .
so whenever I go back up to my dads I need to get cracking . I'm gonna get the fly wheel resurfaced at his machine shop while I'm in there . I put on the stock valve cover and timing chain cover too while I was working on it too. Slowly but surely getting there. Inside of the motor looked decent too

I love this picture of my two bitches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: