6th gen cd player install

celtic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I ordered my new cd player and it should be here next week but I just have one question. Will I be able to use the little cubby hole that comes with the stock cd player or will I have to buy a dash kit. I know someone who has done this and he used a dash kit but I'm just wondering if there is a way to do it without. Thanks.

edit: this is for 99-00 civic

SpeedFiends

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
celtic11 said:
So I ordered my new cd player and it should be here next week but I just have one question. Will I be able to use the little cubby hole that comes with the stock cd player or will I have to buy a dash kit. I know someone who has done this and he used a dash kit but I'm just wondering if there is a way to do it without. Thanks.

edit: this is for 99-00 civic

her you go bro, I helped this guy out and he did fine, let me know if you have any questions, I'll even show you how to take your dash apart lol. I'm a roadshop installer aswell for Circuit City FYI lol

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=87965

celtic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think I am good on my own until I get the whole ac/radio unit out and then I will need some step by step on this "ISO-installing" you speak of. Also, does the trim ring get rid of the gap around the radio or just make it less noticable and could you post a pic of the install in your RSX?? Thanks.

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
go to crutchfield, they have the instructions online, but if you buy the dash kit, it will have the instructions too, and i'd suggest the dash kit

celtic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks to all who helped!
I am still interested in the ISO-installing that was mentioned above so I still would like directions on how to do that.

postal, that was good info, however I need the instructions for 99-00 ...those were for 96-98. Not sure what differences there are in installing.

ryanM

celtic11 said:
I am still interested in the ISO-installing that was mentioned above so I still would like directions on how to do that.

postal, that was good info, however I need the instructions for 99-00 ...those were for 96-98. Not sure what differences there are in installing.
i installed mine and kept the original pocket. i got a stupid dash kit but i didnt like how it looked (plus the pocket wasnt big enough for like anything) you can keep the original pocket, it just takes some tweaking. once you get it all pulled apart you should be able to figure it out. i cant really explain what i did becuase since then i have moved my head unit down by the cupholder, dont really remember how i had it in there but it worked great.

SpeedFiends

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
celtic11 said:

the install process is still the same, the whole bottom ofd the dash has to come off. Yes I know it's a pain in the ass. lol

I'll post pick of mine and yes the trim ring will cover the small gap

celtic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright, well thanks. I will get into on thursday and I'll get on here if I have any problems. Thanks again to everyone who helped.

celtic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jdmK20a2, the only problem I ran into during the install was trying to attach the little pocket to the aftermarket cd player so that it is not just loosely in there. It can be easily removed by just pulling it out. Is this possible to fix?? Thanks.

ryanM

celtic11 said:
jdmK20a2, the only problem I ran into during the install was trying to attach the little pocket to the aftermarket cd player so that it is not just loosely in there. It can be easily removed by just pulling it out. Is this possible to fix?? Thanks.
superglue. thats what i did. and no you wont have a problem removing it later down the road if you need to, or at least i didnt.

SpeedFiends

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
superglue. thats what i did. and no you wont have a problem removing it later down the road if you need to, or at least i didnt.
kool deal, that's a solution