6th gen civic tape deck space

quicksilver1689

tuning owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was wondering what people to with that tapedeck in the civic? i have a pioneer unit. I was thinking about moving it into that space and then putting guages in the top DIN.

Commodore

back again
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got a pioneer deck too, but I just put it where the stock radio was.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think it would be cool if you put it where the tiny deck space is then where the old radio was make that a storage place. I think that would be cool. plus... more room to put s**t. haha.

quicksilver1689

tuning owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah storage is good, they have those DIN trays u can put in. I was thinking some small guages, maybe oil pressure and some other stuff.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bad old picture.. but you get the idea... thats what i did....

quicksilver1689

tuning owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats exatly what i had in mind. Will my pioneer fit in the cassette hole?

especko

the reborn ESP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea an aftermarket radio should fit in the lower area, one of my civics has a tape player in the lower din area, but my red civic that i normally drive doesnt have anything there, it has like a pocket to put things, kinda like the area next to where the upper din area is except its just bigger

greenlx777

BigRed is Dead
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i put my deck where the old radio wuz, i still have the tape deck on the bottom, but i want to put a little pocket there to store stuff, i i still havent found anything that would fit, any ideas?

especko

the reborn ESP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
find a stock civic that didnt come with the tape deck, i have one but unfortunatly its in my car, i would check the junkyards or something and hopefully u can find one. it comes in handy for puting stuff there for easy access

CTYankeeboy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wouldn't put my Cd player down there because I wouldn't want to fight the shifter everytime I change cd's.

Craig

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CTYankeeboy said:
I wouldn't put my Cd player down there because I wouldn't want to fight the shifter everytime I change cd's.

Craig

6 disk changer in the trunk with oem head unit solves that issue.... :P

SRLNCLT

mad jdm yo
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why not just buy a cup holder/storage bin from a 99/00 Civic. Thats what I did. That thing gives you hella storage and it looks nicer too.
L.

greenlx777

BigRed is Dead
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SRLNCLT said:
Why not just buy a cup holder/storage bin from a 99/00 Civic. Thats what I did. That thing gives you hella storage and it looks nicer too.
L.
how much did that cost?

xivera

insert witty remark here
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a pic of what I did...
head unit up top & cd changer on the bottom... Granted, it would be much nicer w/ a 99-00 center but, that's too much work for its worth.

civic_tuner_182

MINE IS FASTER
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive got my pioneer head unit in the bottom and my in dash TV up top, i love it i think its bad as hell

Tek-C