6th gen civics the best?

2GCIVI

4 show till tickets go
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know that I'm probably going to start a lot of static in here. I have to say that the 99-00 civics are the best design yet. I think the eg's are a close second but nothing looks better than the 6th gens. What do you guys (and girls) think.

P0gKai

B20VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah I like 6th gens, my fav.. secondly the 4th and last the 5th.

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I like the 6th and 4th for different reasons. The 4th looks more european and the 6th looks more sleak. Those are definately the only two generations I would buy though.

2GCIVI

4 show till tickets go
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have to agree that the 4ths are pretty sic too, especially when modified

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
2GCIVI said:
I have to agree that the 4ths are pretty sic too, especially when modified
They just have an old school thing goin for 'em. But I have a feeling that my next Civic will be a 6th gen hatchey. I just love the big headlights and with the Mugen lip and the R grill, they are amazing.

2GCIVI

4 show till tickets go
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ProjectSi said:
They just have an old school thing goin for 'em. But I have a feeling that my next Civic will be a 6th gen hatchey. I just love the big headlights and with the Mugen lip and the R grill, they are amazing.
fastest car I ever rode in was a boosted gsr in a 91 hatch. Made me a believer(and everyone we raped on the interstate) :twisted:

Ace$nyper

4th gen!!!! 5th is ok 6th 7th gens ick!

the 99-00SI is just a vtec fix that we should have got along time ago had we got a older one with a b16 no one would care about them

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Heh. I was made a believer (in the whole Civic thing (I used to have a 5.0)) when I drove my buddie's dad's 6th gen DX. That thing has a few grrr in the suspension and handeling components and hot damn, it turns. Not quite as good as mine does now, but at the time, I was comparing it to a 5.0.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like 5th gen hatches..lots of compatible parts..light weight..and its already obd1..

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I might sell my 96 and return to another 4th gen. I miss my 91 dx hb. Thinkin about gettin a 91 hatch like i had before, and swappin either a fully built itr motor ($3500) or building up a gsr motor (not the one from my teg)

2GCIVI

4 show till tickets go
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anekin007 said:
i like 5th gen hatches..lots of compatible parts..light weight..and its already obd1..
probably the best platform for a honda race car

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2GCIVI said:
I know that I'm probably going to start a lot of static in here. I have to say that the 99-00 civics are the best design yet. I think the eg's are a close second but nothing looks better than the 6th gens. What do you guys (and girls) think.
that's YOUR opinion and i respect that

Personally i like the 5th gen. I'd love to buy a 5th gen hatch and build it up but it's hard to find a bubble back around here without any rust.

2GCIVI

4 show till tickets go
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the s&s

RaYrAy said:
that's YOUR opinion and i respect that

Personally i like the 5th gen. I'd love to buy a 5th gen hatch and build it up but it's hard to find a bubble back around here without any rust.
Salt and snow, is not really a problem around here seeing that we get snow twice a year. All of our hatches usually have a d**k load of miles. my 5th gen sold for $2000 and had $290k on the motor. They are in that high of demand.

2GCIVI

4 show till tickets go
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FerioSpeed said:
I agree that the 6th gen is the best, 5th and 4th are pretty good too. I dont like the 7th gens at all though, Si excluded.
I really don't like the new si's untill they have some sort of kit on them. someone up here has a silver one with a carbon fiber kit on it and it looks pretty sick.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Ace$nyper said:
4th gen!!!! 5th is ok 6th 7th gens ick!

the 99-00SI is just a vtec fix that we should have got along time ago had we got a older one with a b16 no one would care about them
agreed. we could've gotten the EF8, the EF9, the EG6, the EG9, the EK4... (all of these are b16a-powered) but no... all we get is the EG2 (del sol vtec) and the EM1 (99-00 si/sir)

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
7th generation. You guys need to learn the capabilities of the K-series.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
child_racer said:
only the SiR is k-series tho

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but thanks to the K-series genuis.....we can transplant it into anything else. :twisted:

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats like not liking the 6th gens because only the EM1 comes with the B16A2

Vallejo_raider

i am mr. fobster
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
child_racer said:
i bow down to the 7thgen k series!!! only if i had the money to put it in my 7thgen.(too bad i dont have the si, would like to take the motor out of the si and put it into my sedan tho)