7th Gen 4Dr Rear Bumper

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
7th Gen 4Dr Rear Bumper need help ive never replace one before....just the front bumpers...but i need to change my friends before she goes get her car inspected because over here in pa i dont know how it is in anyother state but if there are any holes in a car like rust...crack...shipped blah blah they wont pass it...so can you guys help me out and see how many screws belong on the bumper and what not oh and one more thing her dumb ass ex screwed the bumper usin wood scews...any ways any help?

swicked1

5+ Year Member
It's pretty simple to remove... inside each rear fender well, you will find 2 screws. Remove these 4 screws.
Open the trunk and you will see 2 black plastic covers. Remove these covers and remove the screws underneath the covers. Then crawl underneath the bumper and you will find 2 plastic retainers. Pull the center out of each retainer and then remove the retainers. Then you will need to pull back the carpet inside your trunk, by the tail lights, and you will see 2 white plastic retainers on each side. Squeeze these retainers and push them from the inside to release them. Then simply pull the bumer off the car.
If the white clips come off the bumper, don't worry cause you can put them back on.
If you want to see a detailed picture of the rear bumper, view the PDF on this page.
http://www.civicforums.com/forums/36-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum/288286-rear-bumber-removal-popping-out-dent.html