7th gen. buying help!

ashtrey634

5+ Year Member
hey, dont know much about automatics or 7th gens. im mostly a 6th gen kinda guy. anyway my gf is looking to get a automatic 7th gen coupe. i read somwhere that the auto trans from 01-02 are s**t but the ones they put in the 03-05 civics are alot better when it comes to how it feels, shifting and durability. some1 told me that they used better parts when building the trans on the 03-05 civics. does any of this make sense or is it all bullshit? any help would be appreciated. i dont wanna hear her complain about her tranny dieing on her. thanx.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've always heard the same.

Liquidice944

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You know,
I have a 01 7th gen and my friend has a 02 7th gen and my tranny is fine and i have never had a problem. I have never even seen one that i know of ever have a tranny problem. Dont worry though they all feel smooth after that one shift from park to D. This is a stupid stereotype.
:word:

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my trans blew on my 02 from normal highway driving the filter on some gets clogged and the trans is suffucated of oil and bam it goes. stick with the 03-05 their nicer looking anyways.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
03 looks the same as 01 and 02.... with the exception of alloy rims if you get an EX.

I've heard the same, except it always dealt with manual transmissions.... I never heard it for automatics.

ashtrey634

5+ Year Member
03 looks the same as 01 and 02.... with the exception of alloy rims if you get an EX.

I've heard the same, except it always dealt with manual transmissions.... I never heard it for automatics.
im trying to convince her to get a manual. whats wrong with the manual tranny on a 7th gen? i kno the 6th gens are pretty good (in my experiance).

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it was actually both the 01-02 automatics and manual transmissions that had so many problems, and recalls.

go with an 04-05. :thumbs up

ashtrey634

5+ Year Member
ok so the 04 and 05 civic auto and manual trannys are good. but how good? better than the 6th gens? after looking at so many i myself am starting to like them. lol