7th gen cluster for our cars

plumers

i am a nice guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i like the amber lightings on 7th gen cluster (01-02 model ones). do you think the cluster can fit our cars?

jonmaltese6thg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good question, im wondering too cuz i also really like the look of those gauges

blk00civicdemon

5+ Year Member
try using just the guages maybe and paint your lights or get bulb covers works perfect yo. my cluster is a hand made si cluster basicaly

plumers

i am a nice guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
try using just the guages maybe and paint your lights or get bulb covers works perfect yo. my cluster is a hand made si cluster basicaly
well, i'm going to try to paint the bulbs or change the covers this weekend. did you paint yours or you bought the covers? if you paint it, what kind of paint did you use, and if you have the covers, where did you get it?

but yea, i'd still like to know if they fit on our cars.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think it would work.. just gotta know what your doing and put in some extra time with it

plumers

i am a nice guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if you find out how to do it you should do a write up. I want those 7yh gen clusters in mine. I'm just kinda lazy right now and there's other stuff i need to do first.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, it will not work easily at all. The plugs / connections are different AND the size does not match up. It would not be worth it at all IMO. Just get an si cluster / make your current cluster amber or get the evilstyle aftermarket one.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
be careful which one you get. that black face cluster posted above only came on the 2001 civic sedan and thus only has the greenish backlighting. all the coupe clusters are grey/brown type faces and light up amber. its not too hard to open up the black one tho and change the lighting color to red/amber using red taillight repair tape. ive done it before heres a pic. to hook it up is certainly possible, you would need the 7thgen cluster with the connectors already plugged into it and a good amount of harness wire sticking out so you can tap into your own harness wiring. then you would need an electrical manual for both cars to figure out which wires to hook together. im thinking they would be similar functions like tach, gas, blinkers, etc. not alot has changed. heres the cluster i did for someone using two layers of red film behind the gauges. i had to strip off the old film on the back first tho so it would be bright. to eliminate hotspots, i put pieces of paper behind each bulb so it would look even throughout. then all you need to do is come up with a mounting system to hold it in place in your car since its bigger. but for the price they go for, it wont be a very expensive loss if you cant get it to work.