7th Gen Door Speakers- What Size?

Ko_Dee's CiViC

Lesbians Rule!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can't get the grill off the door, so the whole door panel probably needs to come off. I don't know how to do this, and I was wondering what the size is in the door. 6.5"? 5.25"? 4"? Anyone know? Help would be appreciated.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I thought they were 6.5s in the doors and in the rear...

check your owners manual? :what:

Ko_Dee's CiViC

Lesbians Rule!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
6x9's in the rear, just not sure about the door. I've looked in the owner's manual, but haven't found anything on audio. thanks, though.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not sure how big the speakers are.. but yes.. the entire panel needs to come off.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
6.5s... care of crutchfield.com... you can always use 5.25s. ;)

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hey, they gotta make it hard for the newer generations, man... I dunno about 5th gen speaker changing procedure...

but 6th gens... getting the 6x9s changed is sorta f**king retarded... and then 7th gens... the door panels to even LOOK at the speaker? geez.

Soon, we won't be able to pop off any panels.. ;)

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, the door panel is easy to take apart though, unscrew the door handle bezel, the window control panel, unhook the wires and remove. From there just remove a plastic screw or two and the panel pulls right off.

GTIUNIT

very yes...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you need to use spacers for 6 1/2's cause the hole in the door is kinda weird.

-Vile-

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you wanna find the speaker sizes for almost any car, walk into best buy and go to the speaker department. They have computers set up for peeps to punch in their model/year and it shows you the speaker sizes. I have a 7th Gen, 2004 LX Sedan...The front speakers are 6.5 and the back speakers I'm pretty sure are the same as well...

Go try out best buy...that or find someone who knows ;)